Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 03:26:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Timelapse of 2008

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Timelapse of 2008  (Read 804 times)
Tyler

Lincoln, Nebraska/Waconia, Minnesota, USA

View Profile WWW
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:01:09 pm »

I put together a timelapse last night (well, some timelapse, and a bunch of random photos, 800+) In order of the events of 2008, its pretty fast, sorry if you can't track it.

It includes, stuff with friends, working at camp rivercrest this summer, storm footage, and more!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:09:48 pm »

Ok.. I think they're great but as you say a bit too fast. I really liked the last one but I'm not thinking just that they are too fast (actually the last one is fine) I'm thinking that  they are  really good quality images and I don't know how long you've been doing it, it's something that interests and captivates me, but IMO you have the skills and imagination to produce something special -You get great storms in  Nebraska and maybe you could put a 'movie' together of some  of those  in the Spring .I liked the music too but with storm clouds etc. I think you need more dramatic and heavy music so maybe lsitening to some music like that you'll hit on something. Try Mars from the Planet Suite by  Gustav Holst. Have a listen 

You can just imagine this with your storm - I'd try to get the heavy one beats to coincide with CG's..and then put several Cg's one after the other in rapid sequence as the music becomes more menacing .

Then after the storm you could use another piece from this suite... Venus... 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvG0RU4_fI&feature=related 

Video the receding storm clouds with the sun coming back out and rain dripping off leaves  and maybe a bird or two that comes out ,anything else that depicts normality returning, maybe people  getting back outside too. I think I'd leave vehicles out of it though.  Maybe the speed could be slowed down after the storm  if that's possible but I'd keep it all of it at a  speed that doesn't make the viewer dizzy or want to turn away after a few moments- I've seen storm video footage like that and it ruins it as the operator then  turns the cam corder here and there - that's disorientating.

Just a thought  ..  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:14:30 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:52 pm »

I didn't realise that Youtube would show like that - I thought it would just be the link -  never mind.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:03:24 pm »

Hey Tyler, the start of the clip looked good but the video keeps freezing at the skate board scene and won't continue playing for some reason. I was eager to see the storm bit.... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Tyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 04:42:34 am »

Hey Martin,

sorry about the video, I also uploaded it on facebook here...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=65269476275

hope it works for you  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 05:37:27 pm »

Hey Tyler, that worked perfectly!. I thought the quality was great, much bigger screen and resolution than youtube. It played all the way through with no problems. I thought the content was great, the idea of doing a year of images is a good one. I would be tempted to try one myself with all the sky events.

Love those storm shots and the lightning. Did I see an area of rotation on those night storm images?

Enjoyed the video very much  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:23:57 pm »

Martin..I suggested to Tyler re. the Spring storms but you say you loved the storms and cg's I didn't see any cg's  and  I looked at videos or I wouldn't have made my suggestion as Tyler has obviously done it. I went to  Facebook in case there was something there but you need a password. Is it on there ?.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:24:17 pm »

Thanks Martin! Definately plan on making another one this year, and hopefully I will be able to chase a lot this spring.

John, The video was 1:58 secs, I had some trouble getting the video to play all the way through, so that might have been the case for you. On facebook I guess you have to have an account to view videos I forgot
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:24:47 pm »

Hi John, it's on the facebook link, on there you will see the storms/lightning. It played fine for me because I already have a facebook account. Maybe you need one to play it but I'm not sure.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 12:01:46 am »

Ah..I see. No, unfortunately I can't get to see it. What a pity,I really like that sort of time lapse too.
Report Spam   Logged
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »

I had no possibility to download the video before now...

Tyler, it is great! I like the variety of images and timelapses, and the music too. Maybe it is too fast, but anyway it's great!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum