Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 10:55:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A few shots with a new camera!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few shots with a new camera!  (Read 1247 times)
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:59 pm »

For those who are new here I should explain that I not only use cameras, I collect them too - specifically Minoltas as I've always used them - well since the '80s in any case.

This one is a Minolta Dimage A1 recently bought of EBay for less than 10% of what it would have cost new in 2003/04. It's a 5MP Bridge camera with lots of features making it pretty much unique like 1/16000th shutter speed, at which the flash will sync, 28-200 equivalent zoom that you work by hand, the first camera with anti-shake and one of the last to be called "Minolta" before they became "Konica Minolta" and finally "Sony".

It's a very lovely camera to use and takes great pics though a little on the noisy side - the sensor is small and that makes the difference.

A few from Glenoe Falls and two of the sunset....

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:07:57 pm by paul » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

lunartic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 10:15:58 am »

Very nice Paul, but shot #5 was ruined by some **** getting in the shot. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Paul
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:44:39 am »

Excellent images Paul. I very much like number 4 and the self portrait to. Great effect with the water movement captured!. That's a beautiful area. Haven't been up there since the Winter but would love to have another visit soon. That waterfall gets the attention of all the tourists doesn't it. I seen two professional photographers taking images of that scene while leaning on the rails which brought to mind a previous visit you had last year where you stood within the water for the image - now that's photography!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 04:46:01 pm »

Thanks Paul, I kept trying to move him on but he wasn't having it  Wink

Martin, this is actually a different waterfall - you're thinking of Ess-na-Crub in Glenariff Counrty Park which is a very lovely fall but quite a way up the coast. This one is at Glenoe just 3 miles from my house which is why it was easy to just pop down and run off a few test shots - it's quite a well kept secret by comparison - oops, I've just given it away!

Yes, at Ess-na-Crub the best shots are to be had by climbing over the rails - I've never yet been told off by the Park Ranger but I'm sure I will be one day  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:29:13 pm »

...and keep that place secret Paul  Smiley. It looks very much like Glenariff. A treat to have such a beautiful location so close to home.
Report Spam   Logged

dogstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:56:03 pm »

Cracking shots of a beautiful looking place Paul looks and sounds like you got a great bargin on a lovely wee camera congrats and may it take thousands more for ya.
Report Spam   Logged

Declan McCormack
http://webtreatz.com/
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 11:49:39 am »

Very good waterfall shots, Paul.

I have no waterfall photos but here is my photo of the fountain in "Sofiyivka" denrologic park in Uman, Ukraine (September 2006)
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Steveo74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 12:07:19 pm »

Great images Paul!  I have never been to Glenariff as yet but it looks like a cracking place to take picutres.
Report Spam   Logged

Thanks,
         Steven..

Visit my Blog http://steviesskyshack.blogspot.com

Visit my Flickr  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16671294@N07/
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:24 pm »

Very cool fountain image Roman. Drop the temp alot and imagine a black sky with brilliant stars and you would be forgiven for thinking you where standing on an active comet nucleus!

Maybe I'm loosing the plot after no clear nights and comets.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum