Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 17, 2024, 12:19:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)  (Read 2319 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 11:05:57 am »

Just got back here and read the above posts. I'm sure they weren't there when I posted mine or I would have commented .Never mind,the vagaries of technology.

Poor Martin lol. advice from everywhere  . Good though.  Here's a bit more. Don't get a tripod with 4 extension legs, I did by mistake and changed it for IMO the more stable 3 leg extension model. If you are interested in the one I've mentioned,Martin, I see it's  down to around £105-£108 in other retailers  too so maybe you have one where you live and you can check it out.  I wonder if they are going to phase it out ?  but that doesn't matter .  I'm impressed with your tripod, Brian when I read that you extended the centre column fully ,that usually   causes some destabilisation. The good thing about eye level ,apart from the ease on the back bending down, is that with a ball head  you can drop the height, the less of the thinner last leg on the ground the better.   Which 190 Brian ?  I've looked and there are quite a few 190 series .

We're all waiting to see what you get now,Martin. lol-         
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum