Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 02:41:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)  (Read 2312 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 07:31:45 pm »

Absolutely. I forgot to mention it.. I also wanted an eye level tripod, that was an important issue for me  too  and yes, you can get eye level tripods and this is an eye level tripod. I'm 5'.10" and have no problem,infact I don't often use it at eye level to get better perspectives. I was just about to click 'post' but I'll measure that tripod- it's here . I had  the carbon fibre Mannfrotto and twice the extension leg came out. I left it with Morris Phot. yesterday  so they could get it fixed (still under guarantee). They don't make that model anymore  but it's unusual to have this happen with a Manfrotto.   I  and got a phone call today from one of the staff and they said they'd had a chat about it and were annoyed with Manfrotto and have spoken to the rep. about it and  would I like a Gitzo !! Would I like a Gitzo  ? -  you bet. It's the BMW, the Rolls Royce and  they bought Manfrotto out so it's the same company now.  They are mailing it to me and I'll have it in the morning. I had to ring them back to remind them that the spikes were on the Manfrotto and they said they'd sort that out and the assistant I spoke to said the Gitzo was a very good model, same weight etc. and a better tripod so they've done me proud. They were too expensive for me to justify buying one..so, the reason  I'm telling you this is that you now know  why I said they were good people to do business with,this  hadn't happened when I posted  that yesterday.

Ok .. this tripod,the one we're talking about in the link (£105) . I've borrowed it from my neighbour whilst mine was away.  I've extended it fully and legs splayed and the viewfinder for my camera which is 3.5 inches in height, is eye level but I have it  on a ball head and that's another 7 inches (19cm) so I have to reduce the 2nd .(there are two extensions) leg making it more stable. They are thick legs too  and it weighs 5.3 lbs. (2.4 kgs. add  add 3lbs for the ball head too) Something for you to think about., every bit helps.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum