Astronomy, Photography and Weather
September 22, 2020, 07:45:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormy Portrush (Terrible Images!)  (Read 1396 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2009, 12:48:35 am »

Martin- whilst most other gear for cameras is  expensive this ball head isn't - here's the one I've got and it's first rate. As John and Brian tell you it has a lock handle for swiveling and another for up and down and swiveling, you can point your lens skywards or to the ground. ..65 and a Manfrotto too. I've got it. You can adjust the two handles so they are just tight enough to allow you to move them if you want to. They are great for tracking a bird in flight too and obviously you cut out camera shake when doing that. When I first started reading up on camera kit one Pro. said "get a ball head to save your sanity". My old plate did my head in.

Here it is... http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails~man~Manfrotto~productID~4226~categoryid~158.html

..and a reduced tripod.

They,Morris Photography, have an offer on. This tripod is normally 136  they are selling it for 105 and my neighbour has it. and that ball head too. Check it out. It's solid, heavy which is what you want but not  so heavy your arms ache carrying it lol. This is a great package and they charge 9.99 to ship to you. They are based in Chipping Norton and I was there today.  To get a tripod, a Manfrotto, like this and a Manfrotto ball head for 168 plus a tenner postage is really good value. if you do go for it make sure they stick the ball head in in and not send it separately at a separate charge. They are very nice people to deal with.                   

Here's the tripod  http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ProductDetails~productID~7276~categoryid~149.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum