Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 06:58:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Saturday's Sunset

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday's Sunset  (Read 960 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:08:50 pm »

Oh well, not too bad then after all Lol.. Thanks.

Brian..  I don't believe for one minute that LR is "too clever" for you. Lol.  It has a fairly comprehensive editing programme  certainly as much as I need and one reviewer asked why would he need PS  now but of course not literally.  However, it's strength lies in cataloguing and the key wording, rating system etc. which allows very quick identification of the photos you want . I don't  really enjoy being creative with photos, beyond creating sepia and B&W  ,that sort of basic   edit . I think there is a CS5 now. I have CS2 but I use it only for a few edits I don't have in LR2. What it can't do which PS can is to  edit a small area of a photo,it can do a sky or the ground  by setting parameters, horizontal parameters  ,it won't 'home  in' on a small area  but  a grad. filter wouldn't do that anyway, so it has its shortcomings. To do what I am describing needs the lasso in PS around the subject and then you can work on that area alone and there's no clone tool either.

If anyone wants to see what it's like you can get a 30 day free trial. I did this before I bought it. I didn't click 'buy'  though because there's a risk that they will let you download it bandI wanted to ensure I got the DVD boxed etc.  The free trial line is the third line down from  the top . I  think it's still about £200.

http://www.photoshopsupport.com/lightroom/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum