Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 06:18:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Black Sea photos of July 2007

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Black Sea photos of July 2007  (Read 2439 times)
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2008, 10:46:35 am »

I was on a trip to Feodosija, Crimea in July 2007 and here are some best seascape photos of that period.

Kerch, Crimea, Ukraine (45.3*N, 36.5*E)

Sudak and Novy Svet, Crimea, Ukraine (44.8*N, 34.9*E)

Feodosiya, Crimea, Ukraine (45.1*N, 35.4*E)

Southern Crimea is a beautiful land with subtropical climate. Hope you like these photos.

P.S. I will make an another trip to Feodosiya in August 2008. Of course with my camera.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:42:53 am by Roman White » Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:39:43 pm »

Roman, those are fantastic images. What a beautiful looking place. You should sell those images as postcards!. Where did you go to get the very high level shots?. Is that from a tall building?. It almost looks like it was taken from a helicopter. Those scenes are so very different from our climate here in Ireland.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:55:46 pm »

Very interesting Roman - thanks for posting! That's an unexplored part of the world for me but who knows, that may change sometime!
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 03:03:17 pm »

Thanks Martin and Paul.

To Martin: Selling those images as postcards is a good idea but it doesn't looks real, because there in Crimea such kind of business already exists, you can buy such images on every step there Smiley
On the first 2 photos (in Kerch) I was standing on the top of a hill, it is about 100m above the sea level and situated in the center of the city.
On the photo #3 (in Sudak) there is a castle standing on a mountain at 130m elevation. From that point you can see a beautiful panorama of Sudak town and 10-20 km around. On the photo (#3) you can see the mt. Alchak-Kaja (160m) on the front and mt. Meganom (320m) behind.
Other photos in Sudak & Novy Svet are captured while I was hiking around the "Novy Svet" reservation in the mountains with altitudes below 100m. Photo #4 shows a wonderful view of mt. Sokol (470m) in Novy Svet (the resort is to the left of the mountain). If I could ride a helicopter, I could have much more better images. Smiley
Climate in Crimea is surely different from Ireland. On those days when I was there (mid-July) the daylight temperature at the sea level was +30...+35C, sometimes up to +40C (+20...+25C at night) with ~75% clear skies as you can see. And the water temperature was also +20...+25C at the surface - perfect for diving.

To Paul:
I have heard that you've travelled to many parts of the world. I'm curious: where exactly?
The Crimean peninsula is worth to visit it. I have been there for 5 times (in summer). But I haven't travelled anywhere outside of Ukraine. Embarrassed

P.S. When I'll have a free time, I'll make a gallery on my site, containing much more of those photos.
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Poltava Astronomy Portal
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 03:57:52 pm »

To Paul:
I have heard that you've travelled to many parts of the world. I'm curious: where exactly?

Now you're making me think!

The Americas - US and Canada

Europe - England, Scotland, Ireland , Wales, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Italy, Spain, Gibraltar, Greece, Czech Republic

Africa - Egypt

Asia - Turkey, Cyprus, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Israel, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong - very briefly en route to Australia - would love to have stayed a while!

Oceania - Australia (8x), New Zealand (2x)

I've also passed through a few places in the Middle East - Kuwait, Abu Dhabi and a couple of others.

I think that's about it! So I have yet to get to South America and Antarctica - next year I will add China to the list.

I started travelling for business - I used to work in the BBC and had a job for a couple of years providing technical support to journalists, a good few household names among them. I took a desk job after that, but I had the travel bug so I've doing it ever since!
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 07:04:58 pm »

Thanks Roman for all the details  Smiley

Paul, that's an impressive list of locations!
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:29 pm »

Paul, it is surely impressive list. Smiley

My grandfather (he is 69) has also a nice list of his travels (15 countries)
He lives in Ukraine, in 1960-s - in Kazakhstan.
He had travelled to Russia, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Latvia, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Morocco and Cuba.
I wish to have a similar travel list...
Report Spam   Logged

Poltava Astronomy Portal
John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 02:54:02 pm »

Roman, that sure looks a beautiful place. I love image No 6 with that volcanic mountain, look at the layers of rock!
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.
Steveo74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 07:12:14 pm »

Roman it looks like a beautiful place and the shots are great.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Thanks,
         Steven..

Visit my Blog http://steviesskyshack.blogspot.com

Visit my Flickr  http://www.flickriver.com/photos/16671294@N07/
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 02:11:10 pm »

Thanks John and Steven

John, almost all Crimean mountains are volcanic (Jurassic to Neogene period).
Here is another photo - Karadag volcanic massive, August 2006 (10km SW from Feodosiya)
Report Spam   Logged

Poltava Astronomy Portal
John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 04:42:02 pm »

That's a great looking place Roman, I would have a field day with all those rocks!
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum