Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 08:47:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Black Sea photos of July 2007

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Black Sea photos of July 2007  (Read 2445 times)
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2008, 03:03:17 pm »

Thanks Martin and Paul.

To Martin: Selling those images as postcards is a good idea but it doesn't looks real, because there in Crimea such kind of business already exists, you can buy such images on every step there Smiley
On the first 2 photos (in Kerch) I was standing on the top of a hill, it is about 100m above the sea level and situated in the center of the city.
On the photo #3 (in Sudak) there is a castle standing on a mountain at 130m elevation. From that point you can see a beautiful panorama of Sudak town and 10-20 km around. On the photo (#3) you can see the mt. Alchak-Kaja (160m) on the front and mt. Meganom (320m) behind.
Other photos in Sudak & Novy Svet are captured while I was hiking around the "Novy Svet" reservation in the mountains with altitudes below 100m. Photo #4 shows a wonderful view of mt. Sokol (470m) in Novy Svet (the resort is to the left of the mountain). If I could ride a helicopter, I could have much more better images. Smiley
Climate in Crimea is surely different from Ireland. On those days when I was there (mid-July) the daylight temperature at the sea level was +30...+35C, sometimes up to +40C (+20...+25C at night) with ~75% clear skies as you can see. And the water temperature was also +20...+25C at the surface - perfect for diving.

To Paul:
I have heard that you've travelled to many parts of the world. I'm curious: where exactly?
The Crimean peninsula is worth to visit it. I have been there for 5 times (in summer). But I haven't travelled anywhere outside of Ukraine. Embarrassed

P.S. When I'll have a free time, I'll make a gallery on my site, containing much more of those photos.
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum