Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 07:00:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Where have all the clear skies gone?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where have all the clear skies gone?  (Read 1169 times)
brianb

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:57:26 pm »

The moment a piece of astro equipment appears outdoors the clouds rush in and covers everything.
You might have something there. I think the Chinese are putting cloud magnets in all the kit they make!

On Sunday night I set up the WO FLT 110 about 8:30 pm to give it plenty of time to cool off & the cloud stayed away, except for a patch around Jupiter which is what I was trying to image with it. OK I did get a session but I'm sure I could have done better with less cloud.

Been out three times already today trying to get a look at the Sun, which keeps peeking between the clouds but hides as soon as my 8cm refractor (Chinese manufacture) gets outside. I'd mind less if it wasn't so bl*sted hot - if we're going to have Mediterranean temperatures, then at least we ought to have Mediterranean sunshine to go with it.

It's really frustrating, isn't it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum