Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 05:26:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Greetings from Roman White

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings from Roman White  (Read 1237 times)
Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »

Hi all!

Great work with the forum! I had been invited here by Martin McKenna and I'd be glad to get acquainted with everybody of you.

My name is Roman White. I live in Poltava, Ukraine (hm, yes, it's a bit distant from Ireland, but I think this wouldn't prevent me from living here on the forum). I am 16, and I am a student of university.

My hobbies are astronomy, tourism, photography, weather, chemistry and many more. I like the forum because its name - "Astrophotoweather" - sounds just like my hobbies are.
Astronomy is my main hobby. I was interested in astronomy since I was 5 yrs old, but seriously I got into it since 2004.
In 2006 I have bought my first telescope (76mm reflector), in 2007-2008 my astronomic hobby develops quickly as I have connected to the web and now I'm working on the creation of my site. I like astronomy in all aspects of it.

Photography wasn't one of my favourite hobbies until I had bought a good digital camera (Olympus SP-550UZ) a few months ago. What do I photograph? - the night sky; the daylight sky (weather phenomena); the nature (landscapes, flowers, animals, insects in macromode); and everything else which I find to be interesting.

Observing the weather always brings me a pleasure. But not only a pleasure. Since January 2006 I keep up a diary of weather statistics for my city. In a some time later I will upload it on my site.

I have just created my personal website devoted to astronomy & weather - www.poltava-astro.narod.ru. But it is only a few month old, so it doesn't look the way I want to see it. I will be working a lot with it and maybe until the end of 2008 my site will be 100% finished.

This summer I had my first experience with NLCs. The most part of my NLC observations is situated here: http://www.poltava-astro.narod.ru/weather/nlc.html

August was a great month with 2 eclipses, you can see the reports on my site too.

Cheers,
Roman White
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:40:48 pm by Roman White » Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:57:37 pm »

Hi Roman

It's great to have you on here. Your experience in visual observing will come in handy. Hope you enjoy yourself. You are the first person outside Ireland/UK to join and I am delighted to see it. Hopefully others will join to.

I wish you clear skies Roman  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

dogstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 01:40:08 am »

Hi Roman great to have you on board looking foward to shareing
Report Spam   Logged

Declan McCormack
http://webtreatz.com/
Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:15:26 am »

Greeting Roman, great to have you on board! We set this board up on account of our shared interests that seem to fit together perfectly - the weather is what I look at when I can't get any astronomy done!
Report Spam   Logged

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 09:50:17 am »

Thanks Martin, Declan, Paul  Smiley

I think that in future we'll share here much of interesting material.
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum