Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 06:52:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

9Hrs 30Mins Exposure Of the Pacman Nebula

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 9Hrs 30Mins Exposure Of the Pacman Nebula  (Read 469 times)
Carl O Beirnes

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:28:21 pm »

Hi All,
Here is an image I took of the Pacman Nebula. With the Moon being so bright I thought I was wasting my time imaging but what the hell It was clear so I started imaging 18.20 stopped at 05.15am and I ended up with a 560Min exposure not bad for a nights work.

Image Details
NGC 281 The Pacman Nebula exposures was 112 X 5Mins - 9Hrs 30Mins  in H Alpha on the11th &12th of November 2008 through a William Optics FLT-110 Triplet APO refractor Atik 16Hr cdd camera. Guided with a Celestron 80ED And Sac 4.2 CCD camera with PhD guiding software On a CGE mount. Processed in Images Plus V3.5 and Photoshop CS2

http://webtreatz.com/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,27/page,view/catid,10/PageNo,10/key,82/hit,1/

Carl O'Beirnes,
New Haven Observatory,
Balbriggan,
Co Dublin.
www.webtreatz.com

Report Spam   Logged

Carl O'Beirnes,
Balbriggan Observatory (MPC#J09)
Co Dublin,
Ireland
http://www.webtreatz.com

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 10:59:57 pm »

Carl that's a fabulous piece of work, great detail there! Now you just need another three clear nights to get the colours!

Clear skies,

Paul.
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 04:17:59 pm »

Wow!. Another top class image Carl. I'm deeply impressed by two things, the image itself, and the dedication required to take it in the first place. That's an incredible length of time, I love to hear about extreme sessions like this. Congrats on an inspirational image  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Carl O Beirnes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

Wow lads thanks very much for your comments. Martin I believe  if you put the time in you will get the benefits at the end. If you do everything right out with the scope it makes processing very simple. Also when you are doing something you are passionate and love doing the nights are not long enough the night I took the image felt like I was imaging for just 10 Minutes the night went so fast.

Carl
Report Spam   Logged

Carl O'Beirnes,
Balbriggan Observatory (MPC#J09)
Co Dublin,
Ireland
http://www.webtreatz.com
jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:35:56 pm »

An absolute top notch result Carl, and given the amount of time that went into it...
Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum