Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 07:36:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

3D photography

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D photography  (Read 528 times)
Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« on: October 28, 2008, 11:18:23 pm »

Several months ago I had a visitor from my AstroChat forum staying for a few days. During his stay we were trying out my 3D camera (see below). Although special printing is involved (the camera takes 35mm film) and the turn around time is about a month, the process can produce some really eye-popping results and the prints can be viewed without any special glasses.

Unfortunately scanning these pictures to display on a forum like this is a no-goer as the results are very blurred looking, with no 3D affect.

Anyway my visitor has just found some software which produces online 3D images - though these need a red/blue 3D glasses to view properly.

My bracket arrived today which allows you to slide your digital SLR along and to take pictures of an object, the second one with the camera moved along about 2" on the bracket so that the subject is taken at two slightly different spots on the aforementioned bracket.

Regarding the software, you can download a free a copy from here. The software is easy to use and tells less than a minute to get a 3D image.

Anyway this is my initial attempt at 3D imaging. As stated earlier you will need a pair of 3D glasses to see the effect.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jgs001

Horsham, Sussex, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 09:04:33 am »

I had a bash at this last night Andy...

Report Spam   Logged

John
Canon 450d, EF-S 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, Raynox DCR250
HQE5 + C80ED & Vista 80s. NexStar Skymax 102 SLT.

*** My Astro Blog ***
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 06:09:17 pm »

This is all new to me Andy. I never knew a camera existed to do this kind of thing. Cool stuff.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum