Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 04:32:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Mishmash 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mishmash 2  (Read 544 times)
rjgjr
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:35:38 pm »

I don't know what made me think of the word mishmash the other day, meaning unrelated subject matter I think, but it fits this set of photos also.

The view looking south down Hwy 101 to my favorite beach, Meyers Creek and it's sea stacks.

A trail horse waiting to go for a ride on the beach.

A view of our home and the deck I take a lot of photos from.

A good set of Rhododendrens this year, a bit late because of the wet Spring.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:30 pm »

Very nice views of the coast you have and a great image showing the rocks, also like the way you composed the image with road and barrier which leads your eyes to the main subject. Capturing the horse on a fast shutter speed galloping through the surf would make a interesting image, love the home and the veranda ideal for chilling with a beer or two.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:37 pm »

What a lovely home, Richard- do you have a sit on a lawnmower  tractor ?... the lawn looks a lot to do with a push one or even one that has gears and drives itself. Love the Rhodi too. The beach really looks good for people to walk along and kids to play on-good solid sand, nice spot to take the photo from,not too high and not to low .The horse is a strange colour,Richard.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 02:40:26 am »

The title sure got my attention Richard, nice selection however I have to say that the first one is a beauty with the road curving into that stunning coastal scene, outstanding view and great composition  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 07:06:41 am »

Excellent shots Richard! Lovely surroundings to live in Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 05:14:15 pm »

First is a cracker Richard, really great shot.  Looks like you have a nice setting there for your home, id love to move back to the countryside.
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »

Thanks for the comments all. Regarding your questions John, the photo of the horse didn't turn out as planned. There were a lot of deep shadows on the left side of his face, and in brightening them and bringing back the color, it looks like I overdid it a tad, though he did have a lot of red in him. It didn't look that ruddish until you mentioned it!
I have a walk-behind self-propelled (thank goodness) mower that I use on the flat areas, but everything else is with a weedeater. The large grassy slope area in the photo is my septic leach field, I usually do it by hand with the weedeater, but here I had borrowed a neighbords 15 HP DR Mower while he was on vacation.
The photo of Hwy 101, The State is beginning to overlay the highway with new asphalt, and when they're all done and have it all restriped, I'll go back and take another photo with the road nice and black.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum