Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 01:51:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Castle On A Summer's Night

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Castle On A Summer's Night  (Read 550 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:20 am »

Back shooting my favourite place all on a summer's night with Declan, this was the end of an exciting day of storms and funnel clouds, we were hoping for NLCs however it stayed cloudy all night so I took some long exposures of Dunluce Castle instead, the blue sky is nightime twilight and the pink is LP from Portrush. Lovely area this.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 11:47:22 am »

Martin ive said it before this is one of my favourite locations you visit and each picture you submit tells a different story keep them coming. Love the first image with the blurred sea around the rocks, how long was the exposure for. When taking some night shots in Cornwall I noticed major differences in camera settings required to capture the light due to no LP normally I would use 400 – 800 ISO down there I was up to 3200 and at F1.8.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:22:31 pm »

Thanks very much for your kind words Anton, the exposure was 149 sec's (first image) at ISO800, 18mm at F/4.5, second image was 120 sec's Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »

A fantastic location Martin and stunning pics again, hopefully the NLC will return soon!
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 10:59:46 pm »

These are just class, agree with Anton here the location is stunning and the castle is a great subject. Its probably worth the 140mile+ round trip from Omagh, id really like to shoot it under moonlight, not a full moon but just bright enough to light up the scene maybe- it will have to be arranged  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:11:26 am »

Its probably worth the 140mile+ round trip from Omagh

Ok, I was oblivious to the geography here - 140mile trip - that makes it even more impressive.  I take my hat off to you  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 11:41:53 am »

Stunning photos -what wonderful lighting and the long exposure really enhances them -it would have been worth the trip had it been 240 mile round trip let alone 140 - People trail long distances to get shots like these and the key is knowing what you might get before you go so it's not a wasted journey,not  going on a wing and a prayer as they say.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:54 am »

Thanks everyone for the feedback on these, I guess it wasn't a wasted trip then  Smiley, I would sure love to see NLCs behind that castle...it has to be done this season  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum