Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 08:59:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Misc US Photos

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Misc US Photos  (Read 395 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 11:36:45 am »

Many thanks all- I should have posted  that barn in B&W too, I tried it and it looks  quite good.

Richard ..are those vultures or turkey vultures  you have there ?- I assume the regular ones. You really need to get the camera with the lens attached  at the ready and the settings already dialled in-maybe on one of the 'custom settings'. To have a bird like that flying around you is something - I'd love to see some photos of them.I've learnt to have the camera/lens at the ready for our back yard shots, ( we call it a garden though) I've missed some good ones with the gear being in the bag.

The garage  (gas station) where that old red car was is closed - defunct, so I assume the car is,having said that it looks to be in good condition so maybe it's roadworthy but thinking about it maybe it's sort of a museum. I just had 5 mins. to take the photo and didn't think about the  setting. They were  the very first shots I took with the fisheye too.

I need to think out of the box re. the fisheye but even the 17-40  at 17mm will cause poles to lean  and here's the answer.  http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/  Only $25 too. A friend (chase friend) in  the US  told me about it,he uses it and has sent examples of how it straightened the insides of his Prairie barn photos and power lines poles in his weather shots.

I'm getting all my photos (in categories) into my MobilMe (Mac) gallery and each has a folder and each has an url so it's solving my  'no website'  issue - I'll be able to post an url  address so I'll try it out on you good folks soon Lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum