Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 10:47:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Lizard Point Cornwall day & Night Images

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lizard Point Cornwall day & Night Images  (Read 693 times)
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »

Just returned from a few days staying down at the Lizard Point Cornwall which is a wonderful location to explore. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to get the night shots I wanted for various reasons. To save time the link to a few of the images can be viewed here  http://redditchweather.com/Lizard%20Point.html

What I really enjoyed here is the night sky I have never seen a sky so full of stars before it was truly a sight to enjoy.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 07:51:35 pm by Anton » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:54:58 pm »

Lovely images Anton, it's been several years since I was last down the tip of Cornwall, it's a beautiful place!  I REALLY like that photo of Scorpius, that f1.8 lens really works for starfield photography.  Fastest I have is a f2.8, after seeing Johns fisheye pics and your f1.8 pic that's 2 new camera lenses I suddenly have found I need in one day!  Doh!  This wishlist grows!!!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »

Thanks Mark, just added a few for images to the link http://redditchweather.com/Lizard%20Point.html
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:41:55 pm »

Beautiful images of a beautiful location Anton, really love the night skies there!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 04:26:01 pm »

Lovely photos,Anton especially  using the 10-stop filter. The light in Cornwall is great for photography.We go again in November so I'll see if I can find the Kynance beach this time Lol. It's that path before the car park at the end  isn't it  that I need to locate. I'll try my 10-stop too but I need to get some practice in with it. In November I should be trying for a star shot - I've got an f2.8 50mm so that should do the trick.

The link certainly saves time once you've added them, it took me ages to post the US storm photos via the temperamental Tinypic and I clicked on your link and enjoyed them as much as if they were posted directly so when I have a lot like that again  I have to think about posting the best half  dozen and then a link.

Mark- adopt my attitude- 'you can't take it with you when you go' or 'there's no pockets in a shroud '  Go and  get what you need,some good interest-free deals out there.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 04:38:50 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Stunning scenes Anton, especially the ones of Kennack beach with the water motion and rocks, last image of the starfield is a beauty as well  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 04:59:52 pm »

Thanks for the comments all. John I will mail you with directions for Kynance.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:58:39 am »

Absolutely cracking images Anton!, really enjoyed viewing those. My fav is this beauty...

http://redditchweather.com/Kennack-Rocks.jpg

Excellent image of Scorpius too, keep up the great work, you are fast becoming an expert at coastal landscape photography  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:52:53 am »

Thanks Martin for the comments I would have taken more night shots but my 11 year old lad did not appreciate being still awake after midnight wondering around in the dark lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum