Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 11:16:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Wild Weather - Bows & Lightning

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild Weather - Bows & Lightning  (Read 384 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:39:14 pm »

What a 24 hours it has been, 70-90mph winds over NI with 100mph in Scotland, trees down everywhere, branches over the roads, leaves flying through the air, damage to buildings and we even had LEWP pass through NI during the morning. I didn't get any of these on camera but I did drive out to shoot the nice rainbows at the back of the squally showers during the evening. During the night there where t-storms over the N, NE and NW coasts, unfortunately I didn't have the fuel to get there so I took a few exposures from the Maghera countryside and managed to catch the clouds lit up by the lightning, these were bright blue-purple flashes and I heard two distant rumbles, saw 11 flashes in total before showers soaked and chilled me.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »

Great images Martin!  It certainly has been a couple of unseasonal days weatherwise.
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:49 pm »

Superb Martin, love the star filled sky shots very colourful nightscape images, great Rainbows too. 
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:54 pm »

Lovely shots,Martin .Had it not been for the tornadoes I may as well have stayed this side of the Atlantic- Ok, well maybe not. Lol. Some nice  shots to come.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum