Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 01:16:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

US Trip

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: US Trip  (Read 2697 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

Many,thanks both. The nest posts are the last of the storm photos.  then I'll put up  a few of the TIV2 photos. ..maybe tomorrow,I've been on here a long time today editing and posting.

I began to wonder if I should have put a few up ,then a link but last year  the vote was to post them, I agree, much better in the forum- a link is 'cold'  and 'detached'

I know Martin's tied up over the weekend ,I can barely wait to see what he has to say about the  very last photos. Lol. He'll die  with envy,  I'm sure he will... Lol. Just some lovely sky /water reflection photos  to post next then those killer photos. and I think you'll have a quiet chuckle reading my story about them.

This radar image was taken a mile past Canton Lake and I managed to photograph a funnel cloud from the van as we drove along at the customary 50mph. and a photo of the gathering storm which produced funnel clouds.I think it was the next day they had a tornado here. Canton lake is within the Tulsa OK district and is man made and lies 2 miles outside Canton town and ther bridge across it os 2.5 miles long.

On Monday May 23rd. we were back in Oklahoma near Okla and Okeene. Here's the radar image near Okeene and we saw funnel clouds from one or more of these storms.

I got out of sequence by putting up the Ellsinore MO tornado and the damage but these next photos were taken on the same day as we approached Dexter MO ,unfortunately it was  as we drove along so they were taken out of the van window but the colours are stunning-the setting sun really makes spectacular scenes. The town is Dexter.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum