Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 11:36:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

US Trip

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: US Trip  (Read 2716 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 09:53:31 pm »

Thanks,Richard. I forgot to post my own stills Ugh. lol. We had The Weather Channel with us- I assume you will know Jim Cantori ?.. he's 5.7"..did you know that ? I say that because people we met who saw him said they thought he was much taller. We also had Indra Petersons with us , do you know of her ? -She's a weather presenter (with a degree in met.) and I have  a wonderful photo of her standing on TIV2. I didn't know who she was, I just saw a beautiful young lady on the TIV2  and she'd like me to send her the photo. She's on a TV station in LA. I believe.. KABC Channel 7. I'll post that photo later.

These photos aren't my best re. quality because I got to the side of the road worth my 24-105 and had to run back to the van to get the 70-200 with the 1.4X but as you see I got back in time but it happened so quickly and the light wasn't good.It was rtavelling at 45 mph. The last shot is the back end of it after we all ran behind the gas station/shop We then ran back to the van and tried to chase it  to get another view but the trees hindered us and it went away from the I60.The guy who took the video here happened to be in the front seat of the van, I was in the back.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum