Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 09:30:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

TS-Gloucester

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-Gloucester  (Read 468 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »

It's 1820 and we have the first TS of therseason  Smiley

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 04:02:21 am »

Nice one John!!, been away for much of the day but this evening I saw the radar and it looked like a good storm with impressive backbuilding  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

brianb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:36:21 am »

Thankfully not as destructive as those in the USA. Could do with some rain to wash the pollen & smoke out of the air ... the haze is awful & my eyes are itching horribly!

My "thunderstorm alert system" (migraine of a special type) triggered at 0900 yesterday (29th) but cleared at 1600.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:34 pm »

I thought you'd look at it,Martin..good man . Unfortunately there was a lot of stratus and I was unable to see any of the Cb's which had to above the stratus but what a lovely sound that thunder was - like music to the ears.

It's been very dry here Brian,fortunately I don't suffer any respiratory or itchy eyes  problems  as a result but empathise with those who do. It  did pour down heavily for a very short period overnight. It's been mainly sunny days here.

Over 300 killed in the US-I go there in two weeks .They say it's the back-end winter cold air colliding with the warm moist air off the higher than usual Gulf  water temps - as we know, recipe for exactly what happened.  I think our storm chase  will be a lively one .
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum