Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 11:07:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Bluebells

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluebells  (Read 433 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:26 pm »

I took these yesterday in the Forest of Dean. I would like to return and take some more  at about 7.30-8.00 am - these were taken at almost mid-day,I got there earlier but by the time I'd got to this location time had moved on a bit and so had the sun lol.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:09:13 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:29:30 am »

Beautiful colours John, these are really nice- the light looks good to me
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 10:09:34 am »

Lovely woodland images carpeted with Bluebells what a beautiful sight John.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:06:17 pm »

Thanks both. .It was a lovely sight and I'll go back for an earlier shoot and again for sunset - probably tomorrow but will see what the forecast holds. I past a field of **** seed which looked very impressive so I'll bear that in mind too and it's just outside the city limits and very open landscape-a black storm sky would be ideal.I'm going to try a polariser next time and see what that does-  should improve vibrance.
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:39:05 pm »

Lovely blue carpet!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 10:53:12 am »

Very nice! I must get off to Portglenone Forest at some stage soon!
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 11:28:27 pm »

Thanks both- just said to Martin I seem to have had spell of missing photos  around this date.

Paul..I had problems getting the foreground in focus and there was an article in my magazine and the author recommended photographing at eye level at least and higher if possible to get the foreground in focus. I've seen a lot of bluebell  photos  in our local paper and most just look 'slushy' -they sort of blend into a mish-mash -unlike daffs. and poppies. You should get some good shots now you've had rain. and your camera does a great job (US  holiday Photos) I'll see if I can make it back to the forest bluebells before my US  storm chase trip at the end of the week but I'm trying to get everything up together to leave the gardens etc. ( I mean front and back - I don't mean gardens as in grounds - we're just ordinary folk Lol)  in good order plus all the  other  jobs that have been in the in-tray far too long.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum