Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 05:23:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Microsoft ICE and Photosynth

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft ICE and Photosynth  (Read 265 times)
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 10:45:09 pm »

Don't know if you've come across this?  ICE is microsofts free panorama making software.  Photosynth is a web based application linked with it that very easily allows you to do some very interesting things with your stitched images.  I had a go at making some panoramas of images I took in Iceland a couple of 3 years ago.  Here's my Reykjavik image as an embed...

<iframe frameborder="0" src="http://photosynth.net/embed.aspx?cid=be667c7a-e6d5-4291-bcc5-13bdd9abc3bb&delayLoad=true&slideShowPlaying=false" width="500" height="300"></iframe>

Here's the weblink to the image - best viewed full screen with photosynth set full screen also.  Click the 'play' button to make it do its stufff.  I have a few more on there you should be able to link to.

http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=be667c7a-e6d5-4291-bcc5-13bdd9abc3bb

Mark Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

brianb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:09 am »

I've used MICE (for solar & lunar surface mosaics) and am very happy with it : but I've declined the EULA which goes with the Silverlight application required to play Photosynth. Read the EULA carefully and I think you'll see why.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum