Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 01:55:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Daffodil Fields

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Daffodil Fields  (Read 690 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:35:16 pm »

We saw these  near Truro,Cornwall  on the way home,unfortunately it was windy and I had to wait until it dropped  a bit but it was always blowing hence they are not too sharp especially in the distance despite being at f18

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:21:54 am »

Oh wow!  When I saw the title I didn't expect there to quite so many daffs - aka a daffodil farm! They look great don't they - no doubt destined for mothers day.  The landscape is really coming alive now with the flowers and budding foliage - snowdrops, daffs, crocuses, forsythia, even blossom on the hawthorne is on it's way!  Spring  looks like it's started to sprung!  Now, a bit of nice sunshine to top it off and we'd all be happy!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:08:27 am »

Very good John, I bet the smell drifting around the fields was wonderful, how many bunches did you pick  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »

Didn't pick any,Anton   Grin   Good job too  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1366401/Daffodil-pickers-warned-police-Poole-Officers-swoop-3-little-girls.html  Apparantly these children had collected about 80,there must have been a theft problem for the police to deploy manpower to stop it. I seem to have posted 3 almost the same except for the exposure, must be photo editing weariness lol. The seals were the last of the photos. I was very disappointed about the wind ,it doesn't take much of a breeze to cause a blur,no daff. scent either because the wind was blowing away from me over the fields.

I'll see what's about,Mark,as you say all sorts bursting into flower now.

Here's one I meant to post-  no furrows for a change lol.

Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:47:15 pm »

Wow, what a stunning scene to enconter John, I have never seen a field with so many daffodals before, the view is amazing. You will have me on the look out now, great shooting, Spring is certainly here  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 11:01:16 pm »

Cheers,Martin. We don't have them here, maybe you're too far north too.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum