Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 01:09:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sunsrise/sunset Cornwall

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunsrise/sunset Cornwall  (Read 473 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2011, 12:03:14 am »

Many thanks all.

Anton-Unfortunately the tide times and sunsets didn't coincide,the light was awful anyway but we're returning in  November so I hope we get some better light days.  My wife forgot her wells so we couldn't walk along the rocks at Kennack sands. I did take some rock photos but not on the tripod on the  mid-day visitant and  crouching down  caused me to be a bit unsteady-and I wasn't happy with the results (me being me ) Infact I will post a couple so others can see where you mean.

I'm very pleased with the slow shutter speed photos at Poldhu  and Martin..that photo you like looks even better  when taken up to plus 25%.  or even just full screen. I'll send you a full size one by Email so you can see it. One for the printers I think.

Mark..I think for photos I'd be off to Skye - I went to Mull in August 2008 and it was stunning. You can always nip down to Cornwall  or Pembrokeshire for a couple of days but Scotland needs more time. Pembrokeshire is very good too but we noticed from web photos that at St. David's it seems there are just cliffs and St. David's town-infact it's no bigger than a village but has small cathedral (was a monastery) that qualifies it to be a city, is a mile or two from the sea.

Here's Kennack Sands  rocks that Anton mentioned.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum