Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 16, 2024, 07:49:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Cornwall Night Shoot

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornwall Night Shoot  (Read 820 times)
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »

Just a few of many images taken Saturday evening in North Cornwall, the first image was taken on one of Cornwall’s main surfing beaches Watergate Bay and the others are taken of Porth Beach just a few miles from Newquay. The weather had been sunny all day so I was looking forward to some great star trail opportunitys. One particular location I had chosen was an old pump house the ideal foreground for star trails but yet again the sky frustrated me just like my night shoot trip to Kirkstone Pass. It was worth the 530 mile trip and yes I shall return to capture the image I wish for at some stage.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »

Superb series of pictures Anton.  Well worth the long trip! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:16:36 pm »

Nice shots,Anton.Pity the weather let you down re. the  pump house shot with  a star background.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:21 pm »

Very nice images Anton and a great location. I love the quality of light in the second image!. Stick with it because star trails would make for a fantastic image.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

Brilliant images Anton, nice sunset shot from the beach, bad luck with the sky-mother nature can be a **** at times  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 04:36:57 pm »

All are great shots Anton, especially like # 1 with the backlit subjects, and # 4 with smooth, silky flow of water between the rocks and the headland. Look forward to seeing get back there for the images you really want.
Report Spam   Logged
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 07:53:01 pm »

Thanks for the comments everyone. The North Cornish Coast has plenty of day or night time photo opps, your imagination works overtime, theres also bags of potential for capturing storms coming in off the ocean, you can picture that perfect storm image lightning, storm clouds combined with a dramatic foreground, what more could you ask for apart from getting that image on camera and not in your mind.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 07:57:36 am »

Some lovely shots there Anton. Night time (including dawn and dusk) shots can produce some superb images in view of the 'special' lighting effects that they can introduce.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 11:22:06 am »

Thanks Andy, night time shooting is what I enjoy most and your always learning by your mistakes. The next stage is to upgrade my current scope for a more suitable rig for Astrophotography. My current setup is basic but its allowed me to learn the various techniques required to image Planets and deep sky objects.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum