Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 12:03:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pretty Sunset

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty Sunset  (Read 315 times)
rjgjr
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:04 am »

I had intended to go looking for the Wolf Moon tonight but it was a bit too cloudy in the east for any rising shots. So I just turned the camera westward and was rewarded with a beuatiful sunset at the Patterson Bridge. I did manage to get a generic shot of the Wolf Moon around midnight. And it still ammazes me that you can go outside with a Full Moon, open your camera shutter and still collect stars even though it looks like the middle of the day!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:34:13 pm »

Stunning shots Richard especially no.3, the dark silhouette of the bridge works very well against the warm sunset colours and nice crep rays in no.4  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

Another excellent collection of images Richard. 3rd and 4th down are beautiful with the rich warm colours complimenting the bridge/water scene not to the mention those rays, a truly lovely scene. Also like the nightscape with the moonlit sky and stars, even M31 is visible!. Moonlit nights are truly magical  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:37:37 pm »

Superb set Richard, wonderful colours and  great framing and a lovely sky in that last one too.
Report Spam   Logged
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:16:46 pm »

They all get my vote especially image one with the reflections in the water, sunset night sky and all framed by the silhouette of the bridge stunning image, well done Richard.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:00:42 pm »

Thanks for the comments everyone. I finally found M 31 Martin, with the help of Stellarium. When taking the photo and looking at the sky naked eye, you really couldn't see any stars at all because the moonlight is so overpowering. Your eyes are so much younger than mine anyway, lol. Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:16:17 am »

A stunning series of images Richard!  Love em' all  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum