Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 07:33:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

365 day photography challenge - are you game?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 365 day photography challenge - are you game?  (Read 4841 times)
rjgjr
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »

Martin, I'm so impressed with your endless imagination in composing these nightscape images, this one is just fantastic. I initially thought that was a gravel road, but I forget what time of year it is and the weather you have had. Great Stuff!! I saw your photo on SW.com, nice job.

Have you ever tried to upload an image to Tinypics and get a rude message back that your IP Address has been banned for violating the terms of use? I sent them a nasty email asking them to explain why, tried uploading it again, it worked!. I may be banned now for sure!!!

January 7  I spotted this guy on the Marina Dock at the Port, felt so sorry for him, but I looked at some of the others and they all have battle scars, these are pretty fresh. Survival of the fittest I guess.

Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 01:35:59 am »

Thanks very much for your kinds words Richard, yes that was a light dusting of snow on the ground.

I never got that message from tinypic before.

Love the image, he really looks like he has been through some serious battles, I feel sorry for him too.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »

Ive missed a few days but i'll keep postings images when i can, love that night image Martin with the white road leading off towards a marvelous sky.  Great close up shot of the seal Richard, he has been through the wars.

Todays shot shows a nice distant cell with anvil and towers, these were producing hail and snow
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:36 pm »

Great image Paul, love that cold air convection  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:44 am »

Late on Day 8. Night storms/intense shower squalls over the N coast tonight with several flashes of lightning, sleet, hail, snow and 40mph wind gusts, nasty conditions on the beach!

Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:37 am »

That looks like a very nice neighborhood you live in Paul, great looking cells in the distance!

That does look very cold and nasty out there Martin! Who is that ghostly figure standing next to you?

January 8  Here is the ridgeline east of my property, it was clearcut long before we moved in and the Douglas Fir are slowly recovering.

Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 02:43:21 pm »

You have a very keen eye Richard for spotting that second shadow, which belongs to Conor who was chasing at as well.  Smiley

Love the trees bathing in the warm light of the Sun with such rich colours.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2011, 06:23:32 pm »

Great looking spot that for watching those night-time storms Martin.

Day 9: My idea of a relaxing Sunday evening with feet up in front of an open fire  Grin

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:25:16 pm by paulster78 » Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2011, 07:27:13 pm »

That's a fine looking fire Paul, sure would feel good about now, my hands and toes are still cold from early this morning!
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2011, 08:35:46 pm »

I love the fire pic Paul and thinking behind it, that looks so cosy and warm compared to outside, a good way of spending Sunday for sure  Smiley

Day 9. Busy with other things and ideas so just took this shot of of the fern frost on my windscreen from inside the car as I was waiting for the warm air to do it's thing. Thatt's this evening, not morning.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 09:41:06 am »

Missed the weekend. Will see what I can get today.  Wonderful seal photo,Richard. It does look a bit sad,  golden retrievers can look very sad too at times,  must be just the way they look ,it's a tough life having to fight like that all the time usually over mates and territory I assume.

We're in a smokeless zone so we can't have a proper fire  like yours,Paul - really cosy.

Good to see you clearing the windscreen properly ,Martin. I've seen cars being driven with just enough space to see through  the frosted screen.
Report Spam   Logged
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 12:30:27 pm »

Great images everyone and such a wide-range of topics lovely to see each day I should make more an effort and join the group.

Thanks

Anthony
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »

I was having a problem with both the forum website and Tinypics last night and thought I had loaded my 365 day challenge photo successfully, but evidently not since it didn't appear. Here it is none-the-less, hopefully it still counts for yesterday to keep my consecutive day streak alive, lol. The Moon and Jupiter.

January 9

Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »

More fantastic images guys!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland