Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 12:21:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

365 day photography challenge - are you game?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 365 day photography challenge - are you game?  (Read 4771 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2011, 10:17:20 pm »

It's raining outside with not much happening, so yet again here's another indoor shot to pass away Day 10. This is a shot of the wardrope door in my room with a newspaper article about Conor and I, and below it are two images which a certain person on this forum will recognise straight away  Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:33:29 am by martinastro » Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2011, 03:52:04 am »

Congratulations on the article Martin and Conor. I don't know to whom you are referring about the photographs, but they're spectacular.

January 10  Here are the telescopes I have posession of, the front one is my Meade 4.5" and the other 10" Meade blongs to our South Coast Astronomy Club. I don't use either one as much as I should.

Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 06:33:59 pm »

Thanks Richard, the article was from away in the middle of last year but it's still hanging on the door that long. The two prints were taken by John Wright on this forum showing thunderstorms he had captured during his recent storm chasing trip to the US in 2010.

Love the 10" reflector Richard, that's just the kind of scope I love to use  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2011, 07:37:47 pm »

Well done,Richard for keeping up. Oh,well, I didn't realise you had astro. kit like that,I thought I must get some shots of the ISS like Richard's and Anton's,I suspect  Anton has the proper gear  too. lol.

Ah..lol..Martin,I was going through all the books,some good stuff there, a man of intellect. Did you mention someone called Conor in that newspaper photo ?  The name's familiar  Grin

Wonderful supercells too.  Grin

Meet Husdon folks...he's named after Hudson Bay,Canada,  home of the white bears. http://www.nathab.com/polar-bear-tours?gcid=S19453x001&keyword=polar%20bears%20churchill&gclid=CO6tm5P-sqYCFU0w3godJSYrmA

For those who are familiar with music he's playing a Chopin piece. Nocturne .  Opus 9 No. 2. Why not have a listen-you'll recognise it, I'm sure and  will enjoy it - very relaxing.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:27:03 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

Enjoyed your update John, very nice relaxing music, hard to believe the Bear can play that, I must get one of those from the local pet shop  Grin

I am done with the 365 day photo opp for one single reason. Taking an image of something in the house, or taking a rubbish image just to fill in another day is not my idea of a fun time. I am not passionate about animate objects or taking macro shots of a salt shaker just for the sake of passing the day just to stay in the game, this does not interest me at all and takes the fun away from photography, the actual concept actually encourages the taking of poor or rushed images to keep up with the pace so it's quantity and not quality so why bother?. I'd rather take images when it suits me and of subjects I'm passionate about. The very thought of taking another image in my house tonight (raining again outside) is enough to put me off using the camera so I'm calling it a day. I could take images for 365 days easily and complete the challenege but there is no fullfillment in doing that just for the sake of it and I am learning nothing at the same time. I'm now going to focus on what I enjoy doing with the camera in my own time.

Good luck to anyone else who wishes to continue the challenege though - the comments I made about rubbish images refer to myself of course and not anyone else incase you were wondering  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2011, 10:27:53 pm »

Its funny you've made that decision Martin cause i came to the same conclusion tonight.  I haven't been keeping up the challenge either cause i simply have nothing interesting to shoot. Thought about doing a macro shot of something tonight but then though nah, cant be bothered. It was a good idea at the time but i imagined by the end of the year i would have everything in the house photographed Grin
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:19 am »

Thanks Martin and Paul, same here, I find it a drudgery also. I'm out!!! John, My wife loves the bear image!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »

We gave it a good shot and have seen some  interesting photos along the way. Someone on here is about to get a nice surprise too Grin

Normal photo- service will resume as soon as possible.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2011, 01:32:24 am »

I am done with the 365 day photo opp for one single reason. Taking an image of something in the house, or taking a rubbish image just to fill in another day is not my idea of a fun time. I am not passionate about animate objects or taking macro shots of a salt shaker just for the sake of passing the day
Reading that comment reminded me of an old thread on another forum several years ago. To read it, click on this link but don't bother reading beyond the first page.

BTW don't take it as being serious as it was all very friendly banter and as you may have gathered, 'twas a cloudy night with nothing worth watching on the telly either!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum