Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 11:59:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

365 day photography challenge - are you game?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 365 day photography challenge - are you game?  (Read 4770 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »

Day 5. First time I've taken an image outside since Christmas Eve due to not feeling well, I just made it to the backgarden for this one of Orion. Hope to get out further tonight.

Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 10:42:40 pm »

Glad to hear the goldfished survived John. We were basically on the same Western Caribbean /Royal Caribbean trip in 1990. That's a nice backyard Paul, love the shadows that late in the day. My old favorite Martin, Orion. Our several good days of weather turned into one, no rain though, thank goodness. Hope you feel better.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 10:55:52 pm »

Take it easy,Martin.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 11:02:42 pm »

Thanks very much Richard and John, went for a 3 mile walk in the country tonight to sweat out all the badness, the roads were unreal with black ice, with each foot step forward I slid back again on level ground, the 3 miles felt more like 10 when I got back - knackered now. 

Glad to see the Goldfish have survived the extreme Winter John  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:12 am »

Sorry, should have made it clearer in my post, that shot is of the playpark and football field across the road from my house.  I'd hate a garden that size, i really dont like mowing the grass and it takes me 1-1.5 hours as it is  Grin

Good to hear your getting out and about again Martin, was out taking a few shots of Orion and the sky tonight-freezing too
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 05:53:04 am »

January 5  I wish I'd have been paying more attention to the sunset than the T.V. and I would have headed down to the beach, this sunset would have been spectacular on the water.

Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 11:53:25 am »

Superb colours,Richard.

Here's where I talk to you all from.That's a Fender Stratacaster Flamingo Pink the official colour name .It's a  1958 re-issue,same as the Shadows had back then. The Roland Echo chamber (the small unit on the amp) is an original tape (as opposed to digital ) unit  and hence has a very warm sound,the Shadows used this unit from '79-95  and when I play Apache  it sounds great lol. The keyboard is a  NASA control room  unit really  Grin

Echo unit number 12 here.  The Re-301 and Hank has two behind him on stage and is of course playing the red Strat.I can play their tunes and take out the lead  or Bruce Welch's rhythm and play either part myself so I still have The Shads. backing me  ...sort of.  Grin     http://tvsspecialtyproducts.com/page7.htm

Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:35 pm »

Great to see your base of operations John and the impressive guitar/sound system  Smiley

Beauitful sunset Richard, I would love to have seen that one from the beach myself, however this one is still great and the tops of the trees contrasting sharply against the crimson sky is a winner.

Day 6. An unexpected very heavy snow shower at dusk this evening, grabbed this quick shot from my bedroom window using the 400mm IS lens hand held. To show how fast this lens is I took an 18mm shot with the kit lens and got a dark image, however using this 400mm zoom in overcast dusk darkness I collected more light. It's a beauty of a lens, fast optical systems are the way to go.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:47:33 pm by martinastro » Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 07:34:39 pm »

Lovely shots all of you and a great thread to read! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »

Great shot,Martin.We'll get snow  in the morning.

Was anyone on here typing from about 8.00pm to 8.45  .I logged on and I've been picking up  someone typing. I had to leave for a while and have returned and it's still sounding but only through the computer speakers not the additional external speakers. I've clicked reply here to type this in and the link has been cut. Anyone any ideas how on earth that can have happened ?
Report Spam   Logged
rjgjr
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 03:17:01 am »

That's quite a little studio you have there John. Martin, that 400mm L Lens looks to be a beautiful piece of glass between the snow in this thread and the Moon in the other, WOW!
January 6, I took the hint from Martin's crescent Moon and grabbed this one this evening before the low clouds moved in.

Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 10:56:00 am »

Lovely and clear shot,Richard. Where's Conor  ?  Grin
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:08:36 am by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

A very fine image there Richard, like the inclusion of the tree branches.

Day 7. Out in the early morning hours watching for aurora (with success) parked on a light dusting of snow with black ice below on high ground looking towards the Sperrins.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 08:03:26 pm »

That's a lovely photo,Martin,well done. We got rain,not snow.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 09:30:21 pm »

Thanks very much John, you can see the stars of Aries setting behind the Sperrins.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum