Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 19, 2024, 07:53:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

365 day photography challenge - are you game?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 365 day photography challenge - are you game?  (Read 4769 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 05:59:32 pm »

Great pic Richard, she looks very proud of herself.

Jan 3rd, checking the GFS charts to see if it will clear for the partial solar eclipse tommorow morning, it really doesn't look good so it will be a tough fight.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 09:15:25 pm »

To do this daily  isn't going to be as easy as you think after home photos have been exhausted. Love the cat,Richard. We're cat people. I'll get one of Freddie tomorrow.

Just taken this one (2123) and as you see it's snowing. Now back to my BBC 2 Bear programme.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:34:35 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2011, 09:52:16 pm »

I'm watching the bears too John!  More snow, crikey!

Lovely shots from all of you.  It's gonna be a big thread this one!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:10 am »

Thanks all. Good luck with the eclipse Martin. Our weather will be clear tonight/tomorrow morning for the Quadrantids, it will be a cold spell watching/photographing them. I know what you mean about daily photos John, already looking for things around the home incase I don't leave for awhile!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

Watch the bears again tonight ,Mark.. I think they'll rescue the cub, Mom isn't doing her job is she.

Richard..the wild bears we're watching were filmed in Minnesota.Mother bear abandoned the cub to go chasing after a male Ugh lol..The film crew rescued the cub from a tree and and located mom with the tracker and reunited them but the cub isn't doing well  and tonight I think we'll see the crew take the cub to  a sanctuary to be get it back to good health and then release it whenever.

Ok.Meet this monster.

It's one of our two cats - Binny. He was found in a hedge  just weeks old with 3 siblings  and all of them were covered in fleas-mom was killed on the road.My wife had taken the retriever to the vets and knowing a soft touch when they see one asked if she'd like a kitten. When she came home and told me I asked what she'd said in reply. Yes.  Well, that;s it then ,looks like we're having him. We then went to Binibecca, a small village in Minorca (hence his name-Bini) and collected this cat when we got home after a two week holiday.We had to wait anyway whilst the vet. nurs fed them milk through the night. The story is that we had to choose one (before the holiday). There were 4 as I mentioned,  two medium sized ones and a larger one and this little 'runt' of the litter', much smaller than the others. The larger one was throwing his weight about and the two middle ones got together and jumped him and whilst on top of him this little one(who had been thumped by the big one) got the larger one's , foot,which was sticking out,in his mouth and tugged it a couple of times and then he ran  back into a corner of the large pen and put his two front paws over his head waiting for retribution.LOl. I said we'd have him. He's 17 now  and has never lost his feral lineage.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:34:32 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:50 pm »

Lovely Cat John, such a sad story finding them at the side of the road, but at least a happy ending because they are in a great home with caring owners  Smiley

Still stuck in the house, clouded eclipse, so I only have this for Jan 4th, this is 'Speedy' our pet Iquanna.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 10:01:05 pm »

Might as well continue the pet theme for today  Smiley

Candy settling down for the night
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 10:43:37 pm »

Cute dog Paul, was that the one in the igloo several weeks back? Martin, your Iguanna reminds me of a favorite movie (Journey to the Center of the Earth, the original of coursel)I watched a couple of months ago, several battles the lizards had!
Report Spam   Logged
rjgjr
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

January 4 I'll continue with the animal theme also, though not my pets, they belong to my naaaaaaaaaaybour, I couldn't resist that one!

Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 11:43:29 pm »

We just took one of the kittens,Martin.The others were homed ok too.

Now it's  'pet's corner' lol. Iggy looks like he's painted gold-Speedy,that's a  brill name. I always have a tale to tell and  I have one re. Speedy and his kin. We were on holiday and called in at Cozumel,Mexico and took a trip to the Mayan ruins-they sacrificed young people there to the rain gods as there was  a drought,some say the drought caused the collapse of the the Mayan culture, anyway, we got there and it was very hot.We went to the ruins which were right by the ocean cliffs. I saw a very large iguana sitting on the rocks getting the sun-very important for them it seems, still as a stone it was. I got quite close,I mean 15 metres. and was taking photos when my wife said 'Can we go I need  to go to the loo'  Lol. Here we were 4000 miles from home looking at a wild iguana and she tells me to stop photographing so she can go to the loo. lol We had to get the bus back to the centre as it was  too far to walk in the heat , it was 38C (100F). I just wanted to stay there looking at it, it was massive. I found this shot and it was exactly like this with the Gulf of Mexico below.Unfortunately it was before my digital camera days - about 12 years ago, I was using film or was it the video ?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ivanweb/ivanweb0906/ivanweb090600144/5118657.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.123rf.com/photo_5118657.html&usg=__bhzkZdYj0BhkzQsVVRx06eez2mE=&h=801&w=1200&sz=129&hl=en&start=32&zoom=1&tbnid=bFcvEWjdWkxw1M:&tbnh=152&tbnw=207&prev=/images%3Fq%3Diguanas%2Bat%2Byucatan%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1497%26bih%3D979%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C708&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=135&vpy=607&dur=2360&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=137&ty=88&ei=cK0jTaavHcu84gbe3oTMCQ&oei=aa0jTbs9griEB4jN6bcO&esq=2&page=2&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:32&biw=1497&bih=979

You have to wonder what the goat is thinking lol.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:46:37 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
Big Dipper
Events

Oxford, UK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 01:13:06 am »

Some lovely shots there peeps.

Here's a couple of images which I sent to Moonpig a few weeks ago to get some personalised Christmas cards made up. The big, hairy lump (Smudge) rarely moves off my bed so I do check regularly that he's still breathing!  Grin
BTW the Santa hat was added afterwards in Photoshop.

Report Spam   Logged

Remember:- If all else fails, read the Instruction Manual! Grin

Andy
rjgjr
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »

That's the colorful aquamarine water I remember from Cozumal John, beautiful place. We were there April of one year and the temps were bareable. Great shots of Smudge Andy, good photoshop job, I doubt if he would have kept it on for long at all!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 04:54:11 pm »

We were on a West Caribbean Cruise,Richard with Royal Caribbean so we didn't really 'see' anywhere .It  was an amazing location and I do remember that wonderful  Gulf waters colour.
I didn't realise that  iguana link would stretch out like that or I wouldn't have posted it.

Martin-if the link's  a nuisance just delete it, it's been seen now.

Looks like the most chilled out cat ever, Andy.lol. Very nice idea for a christmas card too.

Here's mine for today. After the freeze I found that all the fish,small ones too,were still alive. They must shut down. I couldn't find my polariser Ugh. The large fish are orfe btw.  and the rest  are regular goldfish.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:58:01 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »

Cute dog Paul, was that the one in the igloo several weeks back?
  Yes Richard the same one  Smiley

Jan 5th- a quick shot across the road from my home in the late evening sunshine

Great to see the fish have all survived John.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:11:01 pm by paulster78 » Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:48 pm »

That's a good sized garden, Paul. Not many house these days have a decent size like that. We were lucky but only because they couldn't squeeze another one in behind us and our houses are staggered too

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum