Astronomy, Photography and Weather
November 22, 2019, 03:47:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

365 day photography challenge - are you game?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: 365 day photography challenge - are you game?  (Read 1763 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06:29 pm »

Enjoyed your update John, very nice relaxing music, hard to believe the Bear can play that, I must get one of those from the local pet shop  Grin

I am done with the 365 day photo opp for one single reason. Taking an image of something in the house, or taking a rubbish image just to fill in another day is not my idea of a fun time. I am not passionate about animate objects or taking macro shots of a salt shaker just for the sake of passing the day just to stay in the game, this does not interest me at all and takes the fun away from photography, the actual concept actually encourages the taking of poor or rushed images to keep up with the pace so it's quantity and not quality so why bother?. I'd rather take images when it suits me and of subjects I'm passionate about. The very thought of taking another image in my house tonight (raining again outside) is enough to put me off using the camera so I'm calling it a day. I could take images for 365 days easily and complete the challenege but there is no fullfillment in doing that just for the sake of it and I am learning nothing at the same time. I'm now going to focus on what I enjoy doing with the camera in my own time.

Good luck to anyone else who wishes to continue the challenege though - the comments I made about rubbish images refer to myself of course and not anyone else incase you were wondering  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum