Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 04:19:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

BBC Stargazing live 3rd - 5th January 2011

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BBC Stargazing live 3rd - 5th January 2011  (Read 705 times)
hal2000

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:02:49 pm »

As some of you may know, the BBC will be showing a series of programmes over the above dates. The presenter will be Prof. Brian Cox. To tie in with these programmes, the BBC is inviting amateur astronomers across the UK to participate in various ways. The two local amateur societies in Northern Ireland will be organizing various events, see their websites for details, but members of this forum may be particularly interested in this press release from today;

Dear Colleagues,

You may be aware of the forthcoming BBC Two Stargazing Live series which airs in the first week of January, coinciding with the Quadrantid meteor showers and the partial solar eclipse.

The call to action to our audience is to get involved by uploading their own pictures of the nightsky to our Flickr group ( BBC Sky at Night with Stargazing Live ). Professor Brian Cox will ask the audience for images during the show and some of the best examples will be shown on-air.

The BBC Stargazing Live website directs viewers to the Flickr pool and lists the 'house rules' regarding their use by BBC. I would be enormously grateful if you could inform your organisations members, colleagues or fellow amateur astonomers/astrophotographers of the Flickr pool and encourage them to add to it.

I have noticed that the current photograph featured on our website ( BBC Stargazing Live ) was taken in Donegal by Brendan Alexander.

If you have any queries do please contact me.

Kind regards,

David

David Reid

BBC Learning

Broadcasting House

Ormeau Avenue

Belfast

BT2 8HQ

Tel: 02890 338834

Hopefully some of you will take the opportunity to send in samples of your work to the BBC. I know Paul has been very busy organizing things at the IAA, as I have been at the NIAAS. So why not join in?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hal2000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:24:01 pm »

If anyone wants to send in images, send them to the following email. Hopefully there will be a fair chance that your image will be used.

aoife.mckevitt.01@bbc.co.uk

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum