Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 11:58:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Pushing my FLT 110 to the limit!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pushing my FLT 110 to the limit!  (Read 237 times)
brianb

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:18:28 am »

Dec 14th - transparency not too good with some drifting cloud, but the seeing was pretty steady. Unfortunately I won't be able to use my CPC 1100 for at least 4 weeks as I can't lift it with my broken wrist, so I decided to see what I coud do with my William Optics FLT 110.

There is a large mosaic "in production" but I also obtained some high res closeups of some of my favourite areas.

Theophilus area, 1733 UT. Colongitude 14.4 deg.

Ptolemaeus & Straight Wall (2 frame mosaic). 1737 UT. Colongitude 14.5 deg.

Hyginus area. 1740 UT. Colongitude 14.5 deg.

Plato & Alpine Valley. 1746 UT. Colongitude 14.5 deg.

All images, William Optics FLT 110 f/7 fluorite triplet refractor, W29 (deep red) filter, 4x Imagemate, Imaging Source DMK21 camera. Individual frames 25% accept from 2000 frame AVI, except Plato 4000 frame AVI, stacked in Avistack v1.81.

Apparent diameter 30.05'. Altitude 38.5 deg. Illumination 61.0%. Libration in latitude -06 deg 07 min; libration in longitude -01 deg 58 min.

Transparency moderate to poor with occasional drifting cloud. Seeing good with continuous but low amplitude & slow boiling. Temperature +05C, wind NE force 2-3, baro 1041 mb, rising slowly.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:35:01 pm »

Outstanding imagery Brian and sorry to hear about the wrist, stay off those icy pavements over the weekend!.

The straight wall and Alpine Vallery are amazing  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:47:46 pm »

The shots are beautiful Brian, great detail.
Report Spam   Logged
brianb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:02:45 pm »

Thanks guys! I think this is pushing the limits of what can be done with 4 and a bit inches of aperture ... everything seemed to go reasonably well, the focusing was spot on & there's actually not much sharpening applied ...

BTW here is a link to the 11 frame mosaic I made (at half the scale of these closeups!)

stay off those icy pavements over the weekend!
Well it would be a Good Idea not to fall on to it again. But the ice was not the problem; it was the small dividing fencelet between my back yard and my neighbours; one foot high and painted black. I've tripped over it a few times before without doing myself any damage & I'll probably trip over it again ...
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:37:51 pm »

Superb shots,Brian.

How about putting  something yellow  along the fence in a couple of places if your not able to tie something to it if it's theirs..
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:31 pm »

Excellent shots as usual Brian!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum