Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 02:27:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

No snow, no ice.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No snow, no ice.  (Read 294 times)
rjgjr
« on: December 13, 2010, 06:40:25 pm »

It's hard to compete with the exceptional photos that have been posted by members on the forum of late. Such beautiful scenes around your countrysides. At least I had one thing in my favor, I took photos in a tee shirt and was very comfortable, the temperature was in the low 60's, warm even for here this time of year.

Lobster Creek Bridge

Looking East up the Rogue River

Looking West downriver. The rocks below are called Massacre Rocks. Back in the 1840's, a group of early settlers chased the last remaining Indian Tribe left in the area to these rocks and shot them all, their bones remained for over 30 years before being properly buried on an Indian Reservation. The Wild, Wild West!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 01:07:03 pm »

Glad to hear you are having nice weather Richard.
The last of the snow and ice at lower elevations is finally disappearing here. However, its all suppose to change again this Thursday when a polar air mass descends once again on the Emerald Isle, probably dumping a load more snow.

Great shots, looks like a nice part of the world. I Like the flotsam/jetsam shot on the beach.
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:54 pm »

More beauties Richard!, it actually looks very warm in the images so I'm sure that explains why you were wearing a t-shirt - hard to believe you can get warm weather like that at this time of year  Smiley Thanks for sharing these, I love the beach drfit wood image.
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 05:33:54 pm »

Lovely images Richard, the river in no. 3 really does look warm enough to jump into-compared to our icy waters of late anyway. First one is my fav as well.
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 10:06:01 pm »

Fantastic pictures Richard! More please!  Never tire of looking at the landscape over on your side of the pond Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 05:50:28 pm »

Good shots,Richard and tbh. it's nice to see photos without snow and rime for a change just shows how long we've had it and it's returning  on Thursday.  That's a lot of ocean debris and well framed too. Sad  tale about the Indians.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum