Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 09:52:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Winter Pic & Mix

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter Pic & Mix  (Read 494 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:24 pm »

Thanks everyone for the comments  Smiley

John, that's Drew our other Dog who only has three legs, he sees Benson as a big brother and follows him around and sleeps beside him too, however Benson doesn't like it because he doesn't like Drew at all lol, imagine the drama, Drew is bad tempered and a tough because of what happened to his leg (bit off by another Dog - we rescued him from the pound like that because he wasn't wanted) so Benson gets scared by his tough demeanor. Benson is more of a gentle giant you see  Smiley

I have been taking many risks getting out on this ice and snow and have had many close encounters over the last 15 days of weather action, it's shocking that I haven't damaged the car from all this, on the plus side I'm getting pretty good at driving on snow and ice so it's been a good experience. If the car isn't an option then I would walk too. Summer storm chasing is a walk in the park compared to this Winter madness.

Anton, funny you shold mention that, I don't have one but Declan and I (both of us observing that night) were discussing this very issue and considered the door mount and it's pros and cons, we agreed that it would be a useful tool but perhaps not as a good as it seems due to the bad roads and restricted view here and the car would have to be at the correct angle. As for the window suction mount - Conor has one, it also attaches to the dash and roof etc, it's really cool, useful and definitely a good buy. I need to get one myself.

Richard, that's £1.20 per litre. I don't know how I stick the cold either, I would say I don't stick it and just suffer Smiley, I get chilled badly through my legs and hands no matter how many layers I'm wearing, I just don't think about it until I get back.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum