Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 11:03:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Forum Members Action Pics - Just For Fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Members Action Pics - Just For Fun!  (Read 1699 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: December 02, 2010, 04:50:08 pm »

As John requested here is the new thread for members to include images of themselves, - preferably when out on a photo shoot in the middle of the action  Smiley. This is an easy going and fun thread for members to put a face to the name so post as many as you like.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 12:08:56 pm »

Here is the most recent shot of me I have (from last night).  Grin

Face Down Thursday ? by John C. Murphy, on Flickr

Just teasing - I'll post a more revealing shot later (no not that revealing). Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

Good to see you and the reverse Snow Angel, looking forward to the front half!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 09:07:36 pm »

The above was intended for Face Down Tuesday on Flickr, a great fun group check it out http://www.flickr.com/groups/fdt/ . Unfortunately I can't use it 'cause its not taken on a Tuesday.

I only have one other pic of myself and this was taken a couple years back on an astronomy outing in Greece, we spent 4 or 5 days up Mt. Parnon with wonderful dark skies. We even got hit by an earthquake magnitude 6.4. The greek astronomers were some of the best people I have ever met. This shot was taken on my old 350D by Vagelis Tsamis.

Moi by John C. Murphy, on Flickr
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 09:30:19 pm »

Great to put a face to the name John!, both images are great, that looks like a fabulous location in the second, the dark skies and earthquake more than qualify it as 'middle of the action''. Nice one on the face-down snow lol, saw that one on FB. Thanks for getting the thead started  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:57:18 pm »

Cheers Martin. The Greek trip was one of the best in a lifetime. It is organised every year, and there is a standing invitation to all Irish Astronomers. There are three trips, one in June, July and August every year. I recommend the June one as its a bit cooler and the mosquitos aren't as bad. Check it out on the IFAS boards next year, they'll announce the dates usually by May.
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 12:37:42 pm »

The snow photo is is great  Grin That was very brave. too. it is good to have these photos-I got you wrong John. LOl.

Can I be excused for posting another one.... taken  in Oklahoma (I think) with TIV 2 this year. Not the country gent look this time   Grin

Report Spam   Logged
rjgjr
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »

That's a great shot of you and the TIV 2 John. Did you get to meet Sean Casey and the crew from the TIV 2? I just finished watching the season finally of Storm Chasers last week on The Discovery Channel. I would imagine everyone was pretty busy!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 04:54:01 pm »

There were a lot chasers around it talking to the crew,Richard and I held back until they'd cleared. I did meet a well known  seasoned chaser in 2009 in Wakita OK  with Vortex 2. I'm trying to remember his name.I have a photo of him with one of the Vortex 2 pods. Got it..Tim Marshall. He came to the UK to assess tornado damage in Birmingham last year. he;'s a civil engineer  and asses tornado damage.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 05:01:13 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 05:08:51 pm »

That is a classy photo John - you chasing in the US and the beastly TIV2 - love it  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 06:05:34 pm »

I haven't come up with a recent shot of myself either, this will have to do for now. This was taken a couple of years ago at a Tall Ship Festival held in Crescent City, CA. I'm now minus the beard.

Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 07:07:33 pm »

This is a great thread!  Love the one of you face down in the snow John,  dead jealous of that shot posing with TIV 2 John and good to put a face to you as well Richard  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 09:05:55 pm »

Great to finally meet you Richard.
Love the TIV shot John, I've followed their antics for some years now.
I don't think any of us are as we expected (I think thats a good sign?). Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos
JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 10:58:57 am »

A very cool photo - I think we're  of the 60's pop age, Richard. You look like a seasoned pop group member- The Eagles ?   Fairport Convention ?  The Doobie Brothers etc.. brill !  Grin  A great time to be young.  Do you have a guitar ?

We have tall ships call in here to our docks every year but I'd like to see the real biggies one day.
Report Spam   Logged
Conor McDonald

I will live my dream

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 12:20:54 pm »

This is a shot Martin took of myself last year during the hard winter. I love this one

Report Spam   Logged

Canon 500D
18 - 55mm lens
35- 80mm lens
70-300mm lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcdonald_conor/

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum