Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 07:45:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

December Severe Cold Spell Thread

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: December Severe Cold Spell Thread  (Read 6514 times)
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2010, 10:14:03 am »

It's an unacceptable state of affairs the negative effect the weather has had on life this winter - be it the water situation in NI, the airports etc - there's a long list when you put your mind to it.  I find it amazing that the powers that be are not prepared to act in advance of this weather - if you take this cold spell, we were talking about it starting on this forum a good couple of weeks before it started, along with its severity.  If you take last years winter I think the topic on this forum started in the october, where, again, we discussed with some accuracy the synopsis that occured.  Now, I know we're only 'amatuers' on here, but I know that when temperatures have been down in the minus teens for some significant time that the thaw effect of this is going to be burst pipes, given the fact that on here we said when the thaw was going to begin some time before it did you would have hoped the authorities anticipated the problem and put measures in place prior, not after it happened.  It's a shoddy state of affairs!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum