Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 07:48:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

December Severe Cold Spell Thread

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: December Severe Cold Spell Thread  (Read 6400 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 10:23:08 pm »

I think I heard that Scotland is sending over a load of bottled water.  Why aren't there water bowsers taken to specific points that are well advertised ?  We had them them in 2007 as an aside, until now I wasn't aware that the NI floods  in 2007 were worse than ours - were there street bowsers in service then ?

I was about to say it  is bad planning but there doesn't appear to have been any planning at all , the freeze went on long enough (and the forecasts told them that anyway) for NIW to realise they would have these problems. I wonder if the CEO, Laurence MacKenzie will resign- seems to be what happens these days, don't tell me he gets a bonus ? and the other head that should roll (that's what's being called for by NI business leaders) is that of the Director of Engineering and Procurement ,Trevor Haslett
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 10:40:14 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum