Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 09:21:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

December Severe Cold Spell Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: December Severe Cold Spell Thread  (Read 6528 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 02:26:31 pm »

Bit of a curates egg that question.  -15C and working or +10C and no water. I'm following your water problems on the news - once again it's not  so much the problem itself that's getting all the news but the lack of information,they tell us about the bottled water  etc. quite quickly and then go ion to the lack of information. When are these companies going to learn to get information out to people. The people at Heathrow knew why the flights were disrupted and accepted it ,to a point, but what they couldn't accept was the lack of information.I'm hearing that  not even politicians in NI can get through to the NIW. On their website they have 'meet the team'.All enquiries go through 'The Team' and this team is actually two people. The Press officer and the marketing & Communications Officer. I've watched the interview with Paddy Cullen,Head of NIW Comms. and behind him in the  not very large Comms room I counted 5 people at the the phones.  he said that all the information is ion the website- they all say that as if everyone has access to the web. The south is suffering too,worse it seems and  I see and that's blamed on a lack of investment  in the industry's  infrastructure . I hope it resolves  for you all sooner rather than later - we had almost 2  weeks of no water in the July floods of 2007 so I know how hard it can be - we don't realise how vulnerable we are until such times as this.- believe those  summer floods  was worse in NI on June 7th so I assume you had supply problems then. I wonder what financial contingency plans the government has  for these events when they're cutting services and projects left,right and centre.

I'm glad of a thaw tbh. I felt sorry for the pond  fish  and wildlife but the fish are alive, however I haven't seen the small ones that were there.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum