Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 18, 2024, 05:00:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

December Severe Cold Spell Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: December Severe Cold Spell Thread  (Read 6493 times)
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:37 am »

I think we'll both see significant snowfall.

I think you could well be right.  I clicked on the met office site before to check out their synoptic charts and I have to say they seem a bit wishy washy to me - it looks a ferocious low late on the 25th / early 26th, but then just seems to hang around off the south west coast of iceland - as a result its fronts seem to be more over the NW (Nods at you chaps in NI), stalling there for a while.  Still, whatever happens aint too far away now, so I guess i'll just crack open the cooking sherry and mince pies and sit back and wait and see.   My parents are due to arrive on tuesday for a couple of 3 days, so if it is bad weather again around this period it could well make the journey down for them interesting, I'm certainly going to have to clear the rest of the snow of my drive so dad can get his car on... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum