Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 06:20:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

December Severe Cold Spell Thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: December Severe Cold Spell Thread  (Read 6513 times)
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »

I agree with you Brian, they are a great vehicle in these conditions however, when going down hill if you don’t now how to control the vehicle by the means of the gear box you can get in to major problems and loose control and if that occurs you have no way of stopping a 3 ton plus vehicle sliding where it wants to go. I have been amazed at how many 4X4 drivers I’ve seen going way to quickly thinking they are invincible and they are not, the vehicles have the technology for these conditions its the drivers that don’t know how to use it that are at fault. In the are I travel we suffer from flooding so I would be totally lost with without one and I’m sure all the people I have helped during this period of snow, from taking them to the local store or towing them up a hill appreciate a helpful 4X4 driver.

Thanks

Anthony
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum