Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 01:04:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

A very cold River Walk

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A very cold River Walk  (Read 323 times)
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:05:17 pm »

Decided to go for a late morning walk along the river with the camera. Frigid temperatures were well below freezing and it was quite difficult taking photographs with numb fingers. Cloudy/misty conditions with the odd bright spell, some lovely scenes along this peaceful stretch of river with snow crunching underfoot.

These last two taken in the garden later when the sun peeked out for a while

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:52:38 am »

Beautiful set of photos Paul, great color in the tree trunks despite the bleak, dreary day. #3 is just gorgeous with the tree reflections and #5 with the steam rising off the river. Great job!!
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 07:10:32 am »

Lovely photos there Paul, very good!!!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »

Paul, these are wonderful images!, 3rd one down is a stunner, I really like the composition and the comfortable feeling of nature working with the Winter weather. I feel cold even looking at these images, you are dedicated to be out shooting at that hour of the morning, your fingers must have suffered big time. Great selection and well worth it!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:59:28 pm »

Thanks guys, no pain no gain eh Martin. I was out again this morning after last nights fresh snowfall, will post up some pics later. Thanks again  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 04:23:23 am »

Marvellous set,Paul.  The berry photo is excellent too. Makes me feel better re. cold fingers. I though it was me getting old Lol. The fingers on my right hand really hurt after a while and I tried two gloves on one hand today and they still got cold .I have a cunning plan  Grin I've goi my wife n electric kettle that plugs into the car cigarette lighter so I'll take a hottie and a couple of bottles of water .We wanted one for picnics as flask tea/coffee isn't great.

I googled yesterday to see where I could find silver birch in this area ,they show snow and frost very well as your two photos demonstrate so well and as I mentioned in my frost photos, what a difference a blue sky makes. I don;t see us getting one anytime soon though..

It's 4.20am and it's snowing.
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:33:43 pm »

Cheers John, that electric kettle sounds like a great idea-might have to invest in one of those. Yes the silver birch show up well and they're plentiful over here especially in wetland areas. Lovely blue skies today but didnt get out with camera-maybe tomorrow  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:05:53 pm »

I'll send you the link for the kettle via Pm,Paul
Report Spam   Logged
paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 11:40:18 pm »

Lovely John