Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 19, 2024, 07:18:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Unusual Temps and Snow

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual Temps and Snow  (Read 382 times)
rjgjr
« on: November 23, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »

I was torn between which catagory to post these photos in but decided on Weather rather than Photgraphy. We have had a very interesting day here weatherwise with some very cold temperatures and even snow. It's suppose to be in the mid 20's F here tonight. Beautiful colors and textures in the clouds, even a partial bow hiding behind some virga.  We had about an 1" of snow  this morning at our house at 600' which we have had before, no big deal. But as the wife and I drove south towards Brookings for an appointment we dropped down to sea level and there was snow right down to the water line, very unusual for our area. Just a dusting, but beautiful just the same. Unfortunately, I really didn't have any time to climb down to the beach and get some better shots, took all these from along the highway. The last shot was taken at Sporthaven Beach in Brookings, OR, about 3 miles north of the California state line. The farthest point of land on the right is Crescent City, CA, about 30 miles distant.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:23:59 pm »

Lovely scenes you've caught here Richard, no.3 is a stunner with the snow on the beach!  Great to see these especially as we are waiting for our first snowfall on this side of the pond.  Really like the light in the last shot shining on the breaking wave-very nice  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:40:05 am »

Beautiful images Richard, and like Paul said I love the one with snow on the beech, that has to be very unusual for your parts. I can see that last enlarged and on the lounge wall Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:48:39 am »

Those are fantatstic pickies Richard!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 11:28:38 am »

Lovely shots,Richard - what a surprise  to see a photo from you of snow and you've caught that wave very nicely too - just the right shutter speed to give it the perfect freeze.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 07:28:30 pm »

WOW, you never disappoint Richard, more stunners. Number 3 is outstanding and truly a price catch  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum