Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 11:30:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

An afternoon in the Mountains

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An afternoon in the Mountains  (Read 406 times)
JohnMurphy

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:53:04 pm »

Just dipping in again briefly.
I hadn't been out with the camera in a while, but this Sunday I managed to get a few hours up in the Wicklow Mountains. I set out on the track of deer, and after a few hours I managed to get a few shots. What was frustrating was that all the time I was tracking and hiking up in the mountain forests, when I looked down into the valleys I could see hundreds of Deer prancing about in the fields far below me. I did catch sight of a beautiful big red deer stag, but he was too far away for a decent shot  Sad. Anyway, eventually I caught up with a Sika doe and fawn. Click on any of the images for details on the shots.

Moon Forest by John C. Murphy, on Flickr

Wild Sika by John C. Murphy, on Flickr

Wild Sika Doe by John C. Murphy, on Flickr

Deliverance by John C. Murphy, on Flickr

Winter Wren (Troglodytes troglodytes) by John C. Murphy, on Flickr
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:15:52 am »

Great set of photos John. Love the natural setting of the Doe and fawn in the meadow. Perfect shot of the Wren. Looks like you had a great day!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:21:17 pm »

Great set,John I rearly must find myself some deer too.They say there are some in woodland about 4 miles away.The only one I've seen  was a magnificent stag on Mull in 2008 and although I got a shot I'd have been happier with it being  a bit nearer though ,they certainly make lovely photos.
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:22:17 pm »

Excellent!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 02:10:00 am »

Wonderful images John, you've picked up some amazing detail on the moon in the first. You had some amazing light and the shot of the hunting cabin almost looks HDR  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 12:04:30 pm »

Superb images John, really nice to see wildlife such as dear captured in their natural surroundings. I bet the dear spotted you hiking up the track armed with camera and thought lets all go to the bottom and watch him struggle uphill and then grab his attention  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

JohnMurphy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:56:16 pm »

Superb images John, really nice to see wildlife such as dear captured in their natural surroundings. I bet the dear spotted you hiking up the track armed with camera and thought lets all go to the bottom and watch him struggle uphill and then grab his attention  Grin

Your probably right Anton.
I could have gone down into the valleys and photograped the deer grazing in the fields, but somehow the shot doesn't look right. The background would be very farm like, the grass short and neat etc. I'm glad I stayed where I was, even though I didn't get many chances to shoot.
Report Spam   Logged

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Check out my Photos

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum