Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 09:55:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Halloween Sunset.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Halloween Sunset.  (Read 233 times)
John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:32:32 am »

Got this nice sunset late this afternoon Oct 31st. (Resized only colour not touched).
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:27:02 am »

Very colorful sunset indeed. Love the colors.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:38:20 pm »

That's a wonderful photo. and it just goes to show how vivid and vibrant the reds are that we seem to be getting regularly now, when you feel you have to say that you've not enhanced it. Maybe I'm wrong but over the past 12 months we seem to have had fantastic sunsets.
Report Spam   Logged
John9929
Global Moderator

Maghaberry, N.Ireland.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:13 pm »

Thanks Richard and John, it was a beauty but only allowed me to run and get the camera and take about four images and it was nearly gone. As stated, the image was resized only, nothing else was done to it. If I can remember right the camera was on landscape mode/auto so what I saw I got.

John, your not wrong, over the last 12 months we have been treated to not only some lovely sunsets/sunrises but also some wonderful atmospherics. I can't really remember seeing so many in that period before. I wonder if this Global Warming thing is really true?
Report Spam   Logged

John9929.
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 11:28:31 pm »

Don't know why we're getting them,John. I assumed it was when there was the likes of vocalic ash in the upper atmosphere but we've had so many  it must be something else. I've just googled it but nothing there-somewhere, someone will have posted an answer. I did get Sunset Boulevard  up amongst the possibles.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum