Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 08:56:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Night at Evesham

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night at Evesham  (Read 508 times)
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2010, 10:03:45 am »

The sky conditions last night were not that suitable for any observing combined with the fact its been a week since the camera has seen the light of day and withdrawal symptoms were starting to kick in so armed with camera I opted for a little trip over to the Vale of Evesham for a little night time imaging. Once there I headed towards a place called Fladbury and found a suitable place to park and went for a wonder next to the River Avon. I only walked across a few fields and found a fast following weir and mill house ideal location for a few images even better if the sky conditions were more dramatic, the wind was blowing considerably which made things a touch difficult. Its certainly a location I shall return too theres so many different opportunities to be gained here. After spending an hour or so I moved on to Evesham a took a few images along the river bank looking towards the old bridge. The intension was to capture the trees and light reflections across the water but the wind was still blowing so reflections were looking blurred. There not the best of images but it was fun to be out.

F/36 20sec 40mm

F/22 30sec 18mm

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 11:23:24 am »

Nice pictures anton! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 03:24:09 pm »

Nice images and great account to go with it  Smiley. Really love the first image of the weir, there's a magical quality to the light and colour which makes the scene look like a painting, the water motion blur really adds to it too. Fantastic potential from that location for sure, if that was looking N imagine the NLC potential with that foreground Smiley.

I know those withdrawal symptons very well  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:56:25 am »

Thanks for the comments, I will return to the mill location at some stage perhaps try a early morning shot with mist coming off the river or star trails over the mill would make a interesting image.

Thanks

Anthony

www.redditchweather.com
Report Spam   Logged

rjgjr
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 04:43:12 pm »

Fantastic shots Anthony. I agree with you and Martin that there is so much potential at that location, long shadows, Moonlight , starlit, the morning mist sounds very interesting. Hope you travel there again soon!
Report Spam   Logged
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 04:56:11 pm »

Thanks Richard for the comments, I like the sound of the mist sweeping over the water should create an ideal moody image so will return there in the near future.

Thanks

Anthony

www.redditchweather.com
Report Spam   Logged

Paul
Global Moderator

Larne, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 05:13:05 pm »

Lovely shots Anthony - that takes me back a bit as I trained as a BBC Engineer at Wood Norton in the 1980s so Evesham and Fladbury are both familiar to me - from a long time ago though!

In the Fladbury Mill shot the countryside is looking just the right shade of orange to be getting some pretty good landscapes by daylight I reckon.
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 05:15:46 pm »

Lovely shots. I do like these nighttime photos I see on here, I must think of somewhere (definitely not Gloucester lol) where I can get  some decent,interesting images.
Report Spam   Logged
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 05:36:42 pm »

Thanks John & Paul,

John is Birdlip Hill Close to your location I love the view from there lots of potential for night time sky shoots and storm watching.

Paul, the river bank is lined with trees all showing the autumn glory I would have gone back there today but its been a Dads taxi day today and now its time to put the cooks hat on and cook the Sunday roast!!

Cheers.

Anthony

www.redditchweather.com
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 11:13:51 pm »

Yes,Anton..Birdlip Hill is just 3 miles away but I wilt if I do real nighttime-the early hours. There are places nearer too should I want a nighttime shot. I'm thinking more like the one you got by the riverside  in town but the river in town here doesn't have attractive lamp-posts - opposite are the high walls of Gloucester prison Lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum