Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 02:15:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Narrow Roads.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Narrow Roads.  (Read 289 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:41:19 pm »

I took these photos with Richard in mind  so he can see that we have roads over here narrower than his driveway   Grin. I took them from the passenger seat as my wife drove the car. From Housel Bay and Mullion Bay (photos in the other thread)  along these narrow roads to the dual carriageway  is about an hour's drive so that's a quarter of the journey, so not too bad. The dual carriageway takes us directly to the M5 motorway and home. This is  the route the sat. nav. took us to Cambourne.. across country..do you think we should get a refund ?   Grin

Dual-carriageway..at last .Ugh.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 06:45:14 pm by JohnC » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Roman White

Poltava, Ukraine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 09:38:43 pm »

Most of these photos are beautiful!
However I won't say the road in #3 is narrow - I've seen Ukrainian trolleys going along the very alike street in Chernivtsi... yes, with sidewalks and parked cars. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

SkyWatcher 130/900mm EQ3, Bresser 76/700mm, 20x90 bino. and other, Olympus SP-550UZ
Eclipse & comet chaser, occultation & meteor observer
Poltava Astronomy Portal
rjgjr
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:47:53 pm »

Thanks for keeping me in mind John, I so love to see these up close and personal photos of the beautiful English countryside and the small, quaint towns. Some of those country roads do look rather narrow as I would image they are all two-way traffic, just watch where you are going! Everytime I see photos of foreign (to me) roads, I wonder If I could ever drive on them without forgetting where I am and what side of the road I'm suppose to be on. Very confusing. I guess driving on the wrong (right) side of the car would constantly give me a clue, lol. Your last photo looks like Interstate 5 (freeway) over near Grants Pass, that's the nearest 4 lane highway to me, 125 miles away! Thanks for the photos John.
Report Spam   Logged
markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:50:58 pm »

Another great series of photos John! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 11:19:36 pm »

Bit of a novelly photo post but glad you liked them

You must post a couple like this Roman so we can see your  trams etc.

Richard...It was also to give you a peek at this old country we live in,views you wouldn't normally see but sometimes you'll see the same when Martin puts up a storm chase video as it's similar where he lives out in the rural areas.  I've promised my wife I'll drive next itme,she really didn't like this roads.. I haven't been back to Somerset yet Richard but will keep i mind where some of your family originated from  and get some shots.

If you ever want a short break,Mark,it's a great place to go-loads of photo ops. and fantastic coastal scenery.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »

Even though I know what the UK roads are like I still think these images are very nice and capture the essence of the country roads very well indeed, images 1, 4,5,6,7 and 8 show very well why storm chasing is very difficult in UK and Ireland with narrow roads, telegraph poles and hills/tress blocking the horizon. However at the same time the trees are great and present a different visual mood with the waxing of the seasons, thanks for sharing these John  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum