Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 28, 2024, 03:03:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Junction One Fireworks

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Junction One Fireworks  (Read 446 times)
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »

Had a good time at the Halloween festival at Junction One, Co. Antrim on Thurs night, great atmosphere there and very large crowd which made photography very difficult with people either walking in front of the camera or banging into me. Covered the fireworks display, difficult due to strong wind gusts, even gale force at times with fall out flying past the camera, the tripod was shaking alot. Had to climb a wire fence to get away from the crowd, my hand was bleeing the entire time during the shoot, it wasa fun anyway!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:31 pm »

Nice series of pictures Martin!
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 08:58:01 pm »

Great results Martin for the poor conditions last night. I like the effect you captured with the fast moving rides, hope the hand recovers for the bigger displays over the weekend-best of luck.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:19:39 pm »

Great fireworks shots, Martin. Sounds like the night was a bit of an ordeal, although you say you enjoyed it, you did well to stick it out, I think even I would have thrown the towel in with  that many people there and the conditions,hard enough getting good night shots in good weather let alone a gale. Keep your eye on that hand too,hope you've had tetanus injections. I keep seeing ads. here for fireworks displays but somehow never go. I  do wonder how those men on stilts manage to stay up even when they lean over and  I think some little 'uns will have nightmares after seeing the masks.
Report Spam   Logged
rjgjr
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:33:15 pm »

What a great set of photos Martin. Looks like a good crowd and that fun was had by all.
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »

Cheers everyone for the feedback - difficult conditions for sure but the challenge made it somewhat more fun in a bizzare way, security was tight at the barrier, long before the display a guy ran through that area and got chased by security guards on foot and a van, they caught the guy and brought him back again, they went to a big effort to get him.

Hand isn't too bad at all, just a superifical wound which bleeds in dramatic fashion when there's no serious inury, have the tetnous injunction anyway so all is fine.  Smiley - until my next adventure.

Hope to be shooting the Maghera display tonight if all goes well...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum