Astronomy, Photography and Weather
April 20, 2024, 04:27:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Sunrise Sunday..Rainbows

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunrise Sunday..Rainbows  (Read 207 times)
JohnC

Gloucester : UK

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:36:30 pm »

Here are the rainbows that came at 8.23 and in the west of course. I thought I better buy a lottery ticket too  lol...as I was lucky enough to stand there and watch the rainbow extend down into the bay-a wonderful sight. I've not enhanced the colours atall- all of what you've seen were what I saw-it was an unforgettable morning. The hotelier would like a couple to frame and put in his lobby/reception area. It seems that when photographers stay there and get something decent they send him a copy to put on the wall. We could see the image very well on the LCD. We were up on some cliffs later-different bay and a man came by with a  very small  point and shoot camera and saw my tripod and photo gear and he said he was opening  a small modest  B&B and could I send him a couple for... er...the lobby Lol. Am I missing a trick here, guys ?  Lol. (He's just starting up working  again after retirement.)

Here we go..

http://tinypic.com/m/dhg6fq/2

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:17:46 pm »

Wow John stunning shots, love the last few portrait style images with the bow running right through the frame! What a morning you had indeed and yes John i think youd have no problems selling some of these or many of your images-you have been putting up some excellent stuff recently.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:48:34 pm »

Cheers Paul..you could be my agent,I'm hopeless at that sort of thing.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
rjgjr
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 02:38:05 am »

Those are some amazing shots you have there John. I don't know what you do for a living, but I think you could quit your day job, lol. I love # 3, the only thing missing and you know what I'm going to say, the light, lol. Those are all brilliant, I'll be your agent if Paul doesn't want it, long distance of course!
Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:31:25 am »

Wow John, what a beautiful sunrise rainbow you have!, gorgeous colours and clouds over a great photogenic coastal foreground, a perfect location!, love the way the bow extends to the ocean between you and the cliff top/building - a lovely early morning show!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

JohnC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 06:18:44 pm »

Thanks,Martin. Bows all over for  both days. Too see them just appear one after the other  was marvellous.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum