Astronomy, Photography and Weather
March 29, 2024, 12:47:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IAA lecture programme continues alternate Wednesdays from September - an excellent programme of lectures- Queens University Belfast - Bell Lecture Theatre. Also keep an eye out for the Summer Events

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Hi Everyone

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 1496 times)
Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:47 pm »

Hi all, my name is Anthony and I live in Redditch Worcestershire. I have found this brilliant forum via Martin McKenna’s site who has sparked my interest in photography in a major way especially night time imaging the downside to this is a lack of sleep over the last few months. I’ve spent many hours in the garden to the early hours of the morning getting to grips with camera settings and techniques and enjoyed every moment of this massive learning curve. I have just recently started to venture out to different locations to gain more experience. This weekend I drove to Hartland Quay in Devon a total of 450 miles round trip but well worth the time and so enjoyable. I need to practise on my manual focusing in dark sky conditions its so different being out in remote locations to your back garden where you can keep popping in and out to check your images.

Regards

Anthony

www.redditchweather.com
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rjgjr
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 03:49:09 pm »

Hello Anthony,

So glad to have you on the forum. It's sounds like you have a lot of enthusiasm as all of our forum members do. Martin has a real knack for nightime landscape images, no one better to follow into the night. I think you will see that the forum members here all have thier own particular interests and ways of shooting images. Be sure to view all the different photographic catagories to see what we all enjoy. We look forward to many photographs from you as that is how we all learn an advance our own skill levels.

P.S.

I just checked out your website Anthony, very nice. Beautiful images. You're going to fit in very well here!
Most of us have website or share albums, be sure to check them out.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 03:56:16 pm by Richard Glenn » Report Spam   Logged
martinastro
Martin Mc Kenna
Global Moderator

Maghera, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 06:26:25 pm »

Hi Anthony

Welcome to the forum!, it's great to have you on here, I'm certain your interest fields in both photography and observing fit in with what many of us on here are passionate about. The members here have a wide range of photography interests (forum name says it all  Smiley) and each of them are experts at what they do and share a passion for nature, whether that be an aurora, landscape shot, Deer capture, or a funnel twisting over the countryside - I hope you enjoy yourself. Everyone is friendly and approachable on so feel free to ask any questions, there's bound to be someone who can provide an answer. Looking forward to your images and I wish you the very best of luck with your photography  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Anton

It Was Clear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »

Thanks for the welcome replies and comments, theres certainly a wide range of interests covered here and look forward to viewing them in time. It’s a lovely clear sky here tonight so will be out shortly armed with camera and bins and a pair of gloves me thinks, its only gone 7PM and its already down to 3.7C.

Anthony

www.redditchweather.com
Report Spam   Logged

paulster78

Omagh, N. Ireland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 11:26:46 pm »

Hi Anton a warm welcome, some great images on your site and looking forward to seeing more in the future.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

markt

West Midlands, UK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:22:03 pm »

Hi anthony, welcome to the forum. 

This is a great place, i'm sure you'll like it here Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum